Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah the socal crew just got back from the dyno day at DynoWorks and i wanted to post this video i took of "The-Violator's" car on the dyno........

He has the Profec B, Stage 2, AEM intake, 80 shot of nitrous, fatty IC, and i believe thats it.....

right click "save AS"

yeah he basically peaked on 341HP and 338TQ.... and this was less then ideal conditions, in which most people were running 10-15hp less then they normally run..................
oh and it stayed pig rich.............. so its a very safe setup......

·
Registered
796 Posts
yeesh 35 kb/sec on dsl.. thank god its a small vid. nice numbers by the way for just those small mods! where does he inject the n2o?

*edit* that think jerked hard when he got on it! nice!

·
Registered
796 Posts
moltenice said:
he ran 10 less then a guy with a AGP turbo kit........... ;)
that just goes to show you how effective a few cheap smart mods can be.

it looks like it was a wet shot so an 80 shot would def be safe.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah seirously....... he got that kit off ebay too...... :thumbsup:

he sprayed 3 times on me on the Highway and left me like it was coool

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Way safe and I would also say that a 100 shot would be safe as well. Very Safe. One thing to note is that his afr's went down w/ nitrous as opposed to w/out. They did creep up at redline but that was it and only to 11ish:1

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
moltenice said:
MLDVENM had great runs aswell :thumbsup:
i shoulda got that on video too.......next time
Thanks bro!! I was very happy with my numbers. Jason made me want nitrous even more now!! 100 shot on top of 270whp would be sweet!!

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hell yeah.... your Stage 2 worked like its suppose to....:readclose
I think jason made everyone there want Nitrous..... i mean after what we saw, who wouldnt.... His car ran a safer A/F then mine did :eeeek:...
But no doubt if you ran a 100 shot, you would have a monster. No need for a Big turbo.....

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
moltenice said:
But no doubt if you ran a 100 shot, you would have a monster. No need for a Big turbo.....
My point exactly!! My wife even likes the idea of nitrous over big turbo because you can take it in and out and she feels safer that way, especially for our son. She drives the car more then me and likes it the way it is and won't notice any changes w/ nitrous cause she won't use it.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
nick0716 said:
but with a turbo u get that all the time.. plus if u add a 80 shot and here I come vipers
Big turbo at 24psi=350whp @ 14:1 AFR. S2 w/ nitrous=340whp @ 11.1:1 Just keep the bottle full and you will have nitrous all the time as well.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
The juice is definetly a great mod, it is in my future, but don't forget, it is normally not on, the bottle is to cold or to hot, or the bottle is empty. I have had nitrous on almost every car I have owned, and it is great, but after a few runs, the bottle starts losing its pressure, and bye bye HP. The big HP from a turbo never dies. Both are great, the combo is even better.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, i just dont like the idea of running that much boost when i could keep my stock setup with just stage 2 and nitrous and hang with just about every other setup out there. Cause in the scheme of things, who needs 250 Hp all the time in THESE cars? i dont, i need it only when i wanna have fun or im provoked ;)

oh and Remote switch, and bottle heater.... +++++ refills....

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
moltenice said:
yeah, i just dont like the idea of running that much boost when i could keep my stock setup with just stage 2 and nitrous and hang with just about every other setup out there. Cause in the scheme of things, who needs 250 Hp all the time in THESE cars? i dont, i need it only when i wanna have fun or im provoked ;)

oh and Remote switch, and bottle heater.... +++++ refills....
You won't be saying that when you get your first nitrous backfire and it rips your endtanks off, blows your pressure pipe, and bends the throttle plate.

Aren't SRTBoy's AFR's kinda high? he made more power the last time right? It was supposed to go up right? after he fixed the exhaust leak.. Seems that his tuning went all wacked.

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
Thanks for all the comments guys.. I was shocked myself.. I have never used nitrous before, so this was quite an eye opening experience..

And yeah, I already have a bottle heater, just neet to get a remote bottle opener so I can just flip a switch in the cab and have my 340hp monster ready for the next Cobra that pulls up next to me! :eveilgrin

AND I need a purge kit, but should have that by thrusday.. :clap:

Hey Brandon, thanks a lot for the vid, that came out nice!! Oh and aren't you going to update your sig with your new dyno numbers? :rofl:

*edit* for those of you wondering, I got the coldfusion kit from www.coldfusionn2o.com

1 - 20 of 122 Posts