Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Its not so much the increase, its the ability to be more mod friendly, but there is a good increase with it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
SoulStrife said:
Put mine in my 04 a few weeks ago. It's awesome. Was as happy as the day I bought the car.
Somehow, I just can't justify spending the money on an '04. With an '03 you get bigger injectors and the ECM, with an '04 you just get the ECM but it's the same price. Think I'll just go up to Stage 2 when I'm ready for it.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
bedardtr said:
How much performance difference is there between stock and a stage 1 installation?

peak power numbers on my car climbed 10 whp and 13 ft lbs torque at the wheels in back to back dyno testing. But in terms of maximum power gains some areas of the midrange got up to 20 whp gains and over 20 ft lbs torque gains at the wheels. I thought it was pretty decent for the relatively low cost and easy installation and no downside. I really like the improvement in top end power, it no longer dropped like a stone after 5000 rpms like the stock power band.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
better gas milage, better turbo response, more boost(could be because I fixed a huge boost leak at the same time) WOT shifts... ohh yeah and better gas milage(more lowend torque = less revving the engine to get to speed)

·
Registered
114 Posts
scotrn said:
Somehow, I just can't justify spending the money on an '04. With an '03 you get bigger injectors and the ECM, with an '04 you just get the ECM but it's the same price. Think I'll just go up to Stage 2 when I'm ready for it.
The bigger injectors that come in the '03 Stage 1 kit are stock on the '04 SRT-4. Kinda explains why they are not included in the '04 Stage 1 package.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
scca229 said:
The bigger injectors that come in the '03 Stage 1 kit are stock on the '04 SRT-4. Kinda explains why they are not included in the '04 Stage 1 package.
Exactly my point. If an 04 is a "stage 0.5 2003" why does it cost the same to upgrade? Just trying to make a little extra money I think.....

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
scotrn said:
Exactly my point. If an 04 is a "stage 0.5 2003" why does it cost the same to upgrade? Just trying to make a little extra money I think.....
Thats the way it is. Mother Mopar in her infinate wisdom deemed the 04 price as it is. Either buy it and be happy or dont and shut up.

The 04 Stage 1 is worth every penny. Very mod friendly, fixes fault codes you would normally get on a stage 0 car, makes the Mopar BOV sound crazy and gives the car a more agressive exhaust note. Driveability has also been increased.

Almost feels like a different car.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
frankly I can't understand how mopar sells the 03 stage one kit so cheap, a new ecu and injectors for that price is crazy low. I think the o4 price is more in line with expected costs and they likely didn't make much money on the 03 kit. Try buying an ecu from a Japanese company and you will be well over $1,000 US, the Mopar kit is still very cheap for what you get.

·
Registered
205 Posts
JSRT4 said:
frankly I can't understand how mopar sells the 03 stage one kit so cheap, a new ecu and injectors for that price is crazy low. I think the o4 price is more in line with expected costs and they likely didn't make much money on the 03 kit. Try buying an ecu from a Japanese company and you will be well over $1,000 US, the Mopar kit is still very cheap for what you get.
That has always been my feeling towards the issue.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.