Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
very nice...chirpin into 3rd. i can only do that on a rainy day :( . i just love the gunshot sound it gives when you do it right. always scares the people i race and the people in my car when i do it

·
Registered
626 Posts
hmm...try it again a bit but a lot faster (don't let RPMs rise more than 200rpms inbetween shifts)...you should hear a gunshot sound when shifting instead of the light BOV sound you may usually hear

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JustANeonButBadass said:
hmm...try it again a bit but a lot faster (don't let RPMs rise more than 200rpms inbetween shifts)...you should hear a gunshot sound when shifting instead of the light BOV sound you may usually hear
200 rpms? Hmmm...How to practice something you don't want to do too often? I was at 5700 by the time I "quick shifted" into 3rd. :rofl:

·
Registered
626 Posts
just takes practice...if i WOT shift, it'll be at about 5800-5900rpm's and will rise no higher than 6100rpms while in the neutral state. i practiced on an open highway at like 2am maybe 2-3x a week...total maybe 6-10 WOT shifts in a week, for about 2 months. no clutch/transmission problems in my car and it has 13,500 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
I usually don't shift extremely hard but I have been able to chirp into third on dry pavement without the WOT (stage 0). Still cool but I try and shift as fast as possible without the chirp (even teh 1-2 I try and make quickly w/o chirpin)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Iv'e gotten the shotgun..........SWEET!!

On my car ,you haveta shift just before the limiter kicks in, to get the "shotgun" effect..........it DEF. scared the SHIT outta me the first time it happened :jester: ........Oh & i REALLY enjoy leavin 60ft. of posi marks behind me EVERYTIME i WOT shift from 1st. to 2nd. :clap: ________5TOEZ_______

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Philip550c said:
Do you have the mopar STS?
Yes. I have Stage 1, MP/Borla cat-back, MP STS, Forge BOV, Stage 3 CO's, Hotchkis sway bars, PWerks rear STB, and 18" Exel DL-46 w/ 225 Toyo Proxes4.
Stage 2 w/ Toys on order. :eveilgrin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.