Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been saving my money to buy stage 2 w toys, but i have been doing some research and am realizing that stage 2 with toys only gives me 25 hp more on pump gas and only 20 lb tq then stage 1 and the price differance is over $1,000. now my defence to that was that stage upgrades we're made by mopar and i was assuming that my car would still be under warenty bieng that stage upgrade we're sold buy dealerships, but i have read a couple threads that say that stage upgrades can void you're warrenty. now the question is "is stage 2 w or w/o toys really worth the extra $$" as oposed to buying stage 1 abd taking that extra 1k and buying an aftermarket mbc, adjustable wga, intercooler sprayer, and pocketing the rest when all is said and done you probly will have more hp with the stage 1 setup and will have spent less. and either way your warrenty wil be voided. please somone correct me if i am wrong please excuse my grammer and spelling because english is not my first languege

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
i would say stage 2 with toys wouldnt be the best bet... for stage 3, ok , but not on the stocker.

you should get stage 2 without toys (750) and get an exhaust-- you will be happy with that setup.

the warranty thing depends on the dealer.. so it may or may not be cool with them..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but it is still a $400 diferance for 25 hp, isnt there other mods that could give you more bang for the buck?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Fast, you cant just look at peak HP of the product, look at the power it provides through the powerband. A car making 100 hp through the whole powerband would be faster then one making peak power of 100 hp... get it? Plus with s2 comes no tuning of any sort, you slap it on and go, no hassle, just a lil mess..heh..... Of course you can always upgrade components of S2, or you could get s1 with a piggyback and other stuff but again tuning comes into play with that issue. Well good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
srt4me03 said:
Fast, you cant just look at peak HP of the product, look at the power it provides through the powerband. A car making 100 hp through the whole powerband would be faster then one making peak power of 100 hp... get it? Plus with s2 comes no tuning of any sort, you slap it on and go, no hassle, just a lil mess..heh..... Of course you can always upgrade components of S2, or you could get s1 with a piggyback and other stuff but again tuning comes into play with that issue. Well good luck on your decision.
hey, would u recommend getting the agp wastegate to replace the stage 2 wastegate?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.