Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend recently put S1 in his SRT and he gave me a ride. It did feel slightly faster, but the thing that bothered me was the noise it made. At WOT, the turbo makes a weird "whirring" type noise, almost comparable to a blender or an eaton roots type supercharger. It doesn't just make the normal "wooosh" sound the stock car makes.

Is this normal, and does the S2 cars make this same noise?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Just imagine the sound of the newly S3 or even other kits out.. NICE!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
not even going to respond.........

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
shit......i made a mistake.......no inner monologue.....anyways

Another great post!!!!!!! Keep up the good work SRTGT

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Um, ok? What's everyone's problem?

Jesus Christ, I just asked a question I thought some other SRT owners could help me out. But whatever I guess.

·
Registered
388 Posts
SRTGT said:
Um, ok? What's everyone's problem?

Jesus Christ, I just asked a question I thought some other SRT owners could help me out. But whatever I guess.
Forget the california fairy. Us Virginia boys don't sweat that shit.

As per the noise, kinda weird. Turbo's whistle more than whine like a S/C does. Does he have an intake, that affects sound ALOT.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesn't sound exactly like a supercharger, but that was the first thing it reminded me of when I heard it. And it doesn't make the sound all the time, mostly just above 10 psi. He has the stock airbox too. I had never heard of Stage 1 making the turbo sound different, so thats why I wanted to ask you guys.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I haven't heard of that either. Oh well, if anything is wrong that's what warrantee is for.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I think its actually quieter than i thought.. :( not any different with S2 also.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
sorry for being a dick (or fairy)

:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Weird, maybe I could upload a sound/video clip so you guys could hear it. It's loud enough that you can hear it as he's going down the dragstrip.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Only A Neon said:
I haven't heard of that either. Oh well, if anything is wrong that's what warrantee is for.
you mean the voided stock warrenty? :gay:

·
Registered
632 Posts
what kind of motor mounts does he have? Sometimes solid motor mounts have been known to transmit more driveline sounds into the passenger cabin, and the gearing sound the tranny makes can be mistaken for a super charger whine to the untrained ear.

·
Registered
536 Posts
SRTGT said:
Weird, maybe I could upload a sound/video clip so you guys could hear it. It's loud enough that you can hear it as he's going down the dragstrip.

Hey, Mine did that when I first instaled stage 1, it was a ton of boost leaks. I have a leak tester, If you want to use it contact me and we can meet up at kmart or something. Were you the one who came flying by me on 29 wed?

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you dont have access to an air supply I got that also. Just contact me and let me know...I would like to meet some other srt owners from this area...Its loney in "honda-town" ~David

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
It may very well be a boost leak, the mere fact that he said it sounded liek a SC gives me inclination to believe he has a boost leak.
Ignore the jackesses and check for loose clamps/ leaks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts