Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is my DD and I am looking to tighten up the car some. I don’t Auto-x or go nuts in the turns. Do I go with the stage 1 springs and sway bar kit or Stage 2 coilovers? I am kind of reluctant to go with springs if they are going to blow my struts out or really reduce the life of them. I know I can go with another manufacturer for the rear sway bar and then pick up a front sway bar from mopar ( don’t remember if the front was an ACR or pt cruiser part). Anyhow some advice would be great.

·
Banned
176 Posts
i would go with coilovers. with a sway bar kit. stiffer bushings. motor mounts. sway bars.

ha...well, at least thats what im doing. I just didnt like the idea of springs and possigly blow the struts.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
dont bother with springs if you can get CO...

i was tihnking springs and sway bars from mopar, but its not worth the cost, spend a bit more, and have a NEW car... trust me, it will be so much better

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would definately reccomend the coilovers if you have the money. They are definately the way to go. You won't be sad that you spent the little extra dough to get the ride feeling better. The sway bars are a very nice way to reduce body roll without sacraficing the ride quality. We have had alot of experience w/ the perrin sway bar kit.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84863

That thread explains the perrin rear sway bar a little bit better.

Nick

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Depends on how much money you have to spend.

Mopar Springs and Sway bars $350

Mopar Coilovers $1150

Pretty big difference.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Coilovers and sway bars do different things both will greatly help you performance. Sway bars transfer load from one side on the other. So if you are taking a turn you car will have less body roll and greater tire patch and improved cornering capabilities.

Coilovers are per wheel the will give your tires a greater contact patch handle bumps better and oscillate a lot less.

Both of these items will be a great improvement over stock. All you have to decide is what you need for your driving style and what you want out of the car. If money in no object do coil overs and a sway bar. If money is tight do a sway bar and if you need to lower stance a set of springs. It all equates out to cost verse necessity. If you have any more question feel free to give me a call or hit me up on aim.

Ben
aim: benatrsd

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well springs from mopar and sway bars from mopar would heave been around 200+400 so 600 bucks compaired to 1250 for the co's. But I went with the S3's from the mopar super center for 1279.00. That price is real good.. Does anybody have any info on the alignment numbers I would need?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
robino said:
hey Jake's new toy!
where is this mopar super center you speak of which sells the S3 coilovers for $1279?
i'd like to get a set myself.
They are a vendor here... It was a one day sale on thursday BUT they might honor that price, doesnt hurt to ask. But if they dont their reg price on them is around 1360 with our forum discount.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.