Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of talk here about guys going to install Stage 1 on their 03's, or guys who've already done it. What I'd like to know, was the change worth the expense? Did you experience a good performance increase? Did the bigger injectors give you better or worse gas mileage? I'd like to make the change, but don't want to kill the economy. Enjoyable as it is to drive, I also enjoy the 31-32 mpg on the road.

·
Registered
52 Posts
32mpg???????

I never saw anything close to 32mpg. I got maybe 25 and after Stage one, I am lucky to see 21. Was it worth it? I had a plugged #4 injector and had to change the injectors anyway. I figured while I had the Fuel rail off, why not. Changing out the module took maybe an extra 45 minutes to an hour. I have abroken throttle cable on the car right now so I can't really enjoy the extra horsepower. I will fing out as soon as the cable is changed and I get back to the track.

·
Registered
52 Posts
32mpg???????

I never saw anything close to 32mpg. I got maybe 25 and after Stage one, I am lucky to see 21. Was it worth it? I had a plugged #4 injector and had to change the injectors anyway. I figured while I had the Fuel rail off, why not. Changing out the module took maybe an extra 45 minutes to an hour. I have a broken throttle cable on the car right now so I can't really enjoy the extra horsepower. I will find out as soon as the cable is changed and I get back to the track.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was wanting to know, if upgrading to Stage 1 would alter economy. To many it isn't a big deal, but with gas prices continuing to climb, it may be. Do the 04's get less mileage than the 03's due to the upgrade? I know sometimes going to bigger injectors, or whatever, will increase economy due to more efficiency. But yeah, I've gotten 32 on a couple of occasions, never less than 30 on the road. I'm a bit puzzled, though...since I put in the K&N airfilter and NGK plugs, the mileage seems to have dropped a little. Thought it would be at least the same or a little better.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No pushing...but I don't "drive it like I stole it". This was done on trips, admittedly on mostly flat parts of the country, in Mississippi, Missouri, Alabama, Tennessee, but running on expressways around 70-80 mph. Obviously, when you put your foot in it, you can watch the gas gauge go down, but just cruising it was good. And that's using a combination of mid-range and premium. I don't always use premium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts