Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 SRT-4 and I recently put stage 1 on it. I had a agp wga, mopar bov, and manual boost controller and the car would surge and bouce around 14-15 psi of boost. I removed the bov and wga to see if it changed anything. The problem isn't as bad, but I still get some bouncing/ surging around 14-15 psi. Is this fuel/ spark cut or something else? How can I fix it? I thought stage 1 allowed more boost, but it apparently doesn't on mine. The bouncing I am referring to is the car lurching forward and back while boosting 15 or over psi. I have searched with no luck so please help.

·
Registered
730 Posts
hmm... thats not fuel or spark cut, i would check ur vacuum lines. Spark cut feels like u have blown ur motor, its really scary, complete loss in power. Fuel cut is similar.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
lnxsrt said:
hmm... thats not fuel or spark cut, i would check ur vacuum lines. Spark cut feels like u have blown ur motor, its really scary, complete loss in power. Fuel cut is similar.
Exactly... it shakes the damn car like shit!!

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
check your clamps, sounds like a boost leak.. also it's just a matter of fine tuning the wga/bc to get rid of some of the surging..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem and It turned out to be the mopar bov. I ended up shimming the spring inside and eliminating a little bit of the flutter and lurching the car all around. I finally replaced the mopar bov with the turbo xs one and solved the problem. No more lurching or surging, and I dont know if you noticed but is yours opening up at about 3/4 throttle and fluttering. you can feel it til you floor it. These are all things that went away with the new bov.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i had serious surging problems for a while....even a 2500 rpm idle sometimes!!! drove me nuts for 3 days until it FINALLY threw a code.....turned out the tps went bad...dealer replaced...prob solved for me anyway.....mabe worth looking into tho!

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
remove the mbc & run the wga alone without a bleed "green nipple from turbo straight to the wga". re-gap your plugs to .35-.40 "or buy some new plugs, NGK V Power plugs" & take it for a ride. It worked for me, I had spark cut due to shitty gap on the stock sparkplugs & turbo surge due to the mbc spooling the turbo up to fast.

Hey, what worked for me, may not work for you. But it is worth a shot ;) I peak 19psi in 4th gear dropping to 16psi at redline. This is the only setup that hasn't given me problems... I've tried them all as of now... :stab:

·
Registered
9 Posts
what is the highest amount of boost some have been able to get with the forward motion WGA ran straight from the turbo. I only seem to be able to get 14 off of the blue line......

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
uawnick said:
what is the highest amount of boost some have been able to get with the forward motion WGA ran straight from the turbo. I only seem to be able to get 14 off of the blue line......
I have the FM holding 15 in 3rd & 16psi in 4th gear using the green line & no bleed as stated in my previous post. If you need help tuning, PM me. I'm right up the road on the Pa/De line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.