Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stage 1 Definitive: Performance improvment. Plus Timing & Fuel.250/280

I got my dyno scans back. Current mods are Stage 1, MOPAR: exhaust, wires, filter. NGK plugs gapped to .040.

My baseline was 234/260
Exhaust was 239/269

Stage 1 ended up being ultimately 250/280
All information quoted is smoothing = 0 SAE dynojet. I have used this from the get-go, so my info (I have 1600-6000 avg power & tq) is all in that language.

I had dynoed earlier, but got some terrible results. Upon investigation, I see the new plugs I got were hotter than stock. WE switched back to the stockers, but alas, I THEORIZED the PCM was in RETARD MODE thanks to the obvious signs of detonation. I actually made a thread about it, but predictably got little feedback. I guess a "which BOV is the loudest post might have been better. :zzzz:

Me and my mechanic JCX got some NGK plugs, gapped them down, and reset the PCM. We gave it a pretty good re-learn of you know what I mean.

My next Opportunity to Dyno came, and I wanted to make sure the gas I had was good. What I ran would equate to about 96 octane, I usually run 94 at all times. My operating theory here was that this car likes the highest octane you can find or afford.

2 theories. PCM Retard mode, High Octane is your friend. Am I right? DOn't ask me. I like the graphs though:

This is graph is exhaust compared to Stage 1.

Clearly a nice improvement across the meat of the curve. Top end comes down to what was base. Expected. As an aside, I see the tq spike early on some cars. <Mine is muted, but the middle is strong, so I am happy.

Here is the kicker. I smoothed this for shits and giggles. This is the same car, same mods. 1 in retard mode, 1 after new plugs and reset of timing. No difference:gay: :eeeek: Nuts.

There you have it.

I'm happy with stage 1, run cold plugs ans good gas.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Awesome! what was your afr?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
nice numbers....I thought the 280 TQ might have been a spike...but apparently not...wow :wah?!:

·
Registered
340 Posts
very nice.. and i cant even understand the graph.. also.. i was one of the girls who started "whats the loudest bov" threads.. :D

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did'nt pul afr// rich I guess :jester:

as for the graphs, higher is better, and the higher one is the new one, so basically, the cars hauls some ass now.. :jester:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
what cold plugs do you suggest?
there are 1 step colder and 2 step colder, etc
in my experience on forced induction cars, i've always used NGK 2 step colder plugs
gapped until the boost blows the spark out.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
No boost controller? No aftermarket WGA? Very nice numbers!!! :thumbsup:

Are you using the NGK 4306? What does your boost look like after a good "re-learn"?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. The NGKs are in a MOPAR box, I got on advice from a Mopar (and SRT guy). The part number is Splztr4a11 ( I gapped to .040). Not sure of any more details.

Boost settles in and holds between 15&16 depending on weather.

*THIS JUST IN*

I analyzed the curves..
Average 1600-6000 HP/TQ

Exhaust: 166.37/228.26
Bad Stage 1 (Retard Dyno): 166.16/228.28
NEW Dyno: 173.21/236.27

This makes me more pleased. Very nice. Solid curve gains. Highest peak to peak gain from exhaust was at 4000 RPMs.. 28.53/37.46 :jester:

·
Registered
636 Posts
What was your stage 1 car boosting for those runs? Computer controlled boost? Stock WGA?

Good runs btw =)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Boost seems to like to hold 15-16, again depending on the day. Stock WGA, computer running the show.

Stage 1
MP Catback
MP wires
MP Drop in filter
NGKS to 40
Approx 96 Octane
No tricks

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
so the stock run was before Stage 1,

I guess what I mean is did you have all your mods except stage I ECU on that first dyno sheet.

Just wondering cuz I only pulled 219/234 on my first baseline dyno.

Of course I only had 1500 miles at that time. Do you think that could of been the reason for the low HP numbers?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a million reasons for dynoing low.

depends on the type of dyno for one.

My baseline came at 1000 miles, and was 234/260. I updated this post with average HP and TQ, and that is what I look at more. Going over another buddy's sheet, he dynoed lower peak, but average numbers were essentially the same.

Maybe check for boost leaks. Check and gap down your plugs. Reset the PCM, put a tank of race gas in, drive around like the wheel man from a bank robbery and see what that does??

If you have shitty gas, or are seeing any detonation, don't kid yourself, look at the second graph I posted. The PCM can really hammer you. Again that is the same car, with a reset Stage 1 pcm and new plugs.

the first graph: lower is just a catback, higher is all mods listed.

Rmrmber in SCC, they found 10 hp with better gas this month in their car.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
ACX said:
Boost seems to like to hold 15-16, again depending on the day. Stock WGA, computer running the show.

Stage 1
MP Catback
MP wires
MP Drop in filter
NGKS to 40
Approx 96 Octane
No tricks
sorry sounds like bull poopie unless the plug gapping made the difference or your using a special dyno . S1 does not hold 15 or 16 psi . 96 octane ? Your not telling us something

1 - 15 of 15 Posts