Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched. It is sad that you have to say that everytime you post anything. But what is the MAX safe boost spike on an 05 stage 1 car? Thanks

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
18 pounds with no mapclamp and no fuel mods is max. I'm running 21.5 pounds with mapclamp and bottleneck fix ,255 walbro and Aaron's return line set-up.Everyone has there own opinion on this.I think with the stock turbo on the stock motor the turbo loses performance around 19-20 pounds.If you get a 3" O2 housing downpipe and exhaust you'll be able too push more boost without turbo surge.If you push more then 18 with no mapclamp you'll get overboost and sparkcut.You'll think you blew your motor the first time it happens too you.lol.Before turning any boost up I would get a wideband too make sure your AFR are safe.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
pettyracing said:
18 pounds with no mapclamp and no fuel mods is max. I'm running 21.5 pounds with mapclamp and bottleneck fix ,255 walbro and Aaron's return line set-up.Everyone has there own opinion on this.I think with the stock turbo on the stock motor the turbo loses performance around 19-20 pounds.If you get a 3" O2 housing downpipe and exhaust you'll be able too push more boost without turbo surge.If you push more then 18 with no mapclamp you'll get overboost and sparkcut.You'll think you blew your motor the first time it happens too you.lol.Before turning any boost up I would get a wideband too make sure your AFR are safe.
correct which then will result in throwing a code.....yea i think map clamp will help from thowing the overboost code.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If i had any other mods like a map clamp i would have added them into my question. I have a 2005 neon srt-4 with a stage 1 ecu and a kenetic WGA. I am running 17 psi right now and was wondering if i could run more boost. I do not have the money at the time to do anything about the fuel system at this time. Thanks i hope this helps.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt know you could get an overboost code with a stage 1 ecu. And i havent gotten the sparkcut at PTB like with out the stage 1. ( it was an accident)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Keep it at 17 just to be safe. Personally, I wouldn't touch the boost until I had a Wideband in the car and a more accurate way to monitor boost (the stock boost gauge is...eh.)

17 spike holding 15 will show you a max of about 12.4 AFR near redline.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
plastick said:
Keep it at 17 just to be safe. Personally, I wouldn't touch the boost until I had a Wideband in the car and a more accurate way to monitor boost (the stock boost gauge is...eh.)

17 spike holding 15 will show you a max of about 12.4 AFR near redline.
Sooth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts