Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if upgrading to stage 1 would be recommended for an everyday use srt4? Also what is the best kind of CAI to get, a full or short ram? I would appreciate any help I can get

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Save your money on the intake, unless you just want something shiny to look at. They really don't do a whole lot, performance wise.
There's no problem adding a stage one computer to a daily driven car. You might as well get a new wastegate actuator while you're at it. Use the money you saved on the intake. :)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
No Prob.

I drive my car to & from work every day, w/stage 1., it drives just as stage 0 does, as long as you keep your foot out of it., i have a short ram intake & K&N filters also.______________5TOEZ__________

·
Registered
448 Posts
actually, i dunno what everyone's deal is against short ram intakes, but i don't like driving mine with out the intake on it. the throttle response is much slower with the air box as compared to with the intake...

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Corrado Kid said:
actually, i dunno what everyone's deal is against short ram intakes, but i don't like driving mine with out the intake on it. the throttle response is much slower with the air box as compared to with the intake...

I second that.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
third!!!!!!!

I would never go back to stock after 4 years of short rams on various cars. The short ram is better that any other if you really know how to drive. Throttle response is out of this world.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
problem with the AEM short ram was heat soak. Since that sucker sits right above the tranny area it can gain a lot of heat when racing or running the car hard. For everyday driving and the occasional pedal stomping I dont think it will be that big of a factor.

·
Registered
959 Posts
As for stage 1, All I have to say is:

As for CAI, I myself am looking into the Iceman. I've seen their products on countless na neons, and I like their work.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have the K&N typhoon currently set up for winter so it's in short ram mode. To be honest, I don't notice a difference between SR and CA. Just watch out for deep puddles when in CA mode. Mine is also a heatsoak. I thought about buying a wrap heat shield for it, but can't justify spending $70 on it. Maybe wrap it in aluminum foil..........hmmm....anyways, S1 will not matter if it's a daily driver. Depends what you plan on doing with the car. If you want to mod in the future...get it. If not, then don't. hope I helped a little

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Corrado Kid said:
I agree that throttle response is quicker and all with a good intake, but I think that if this is the first thing this guy is doing to modify his car, his money is best spent elsewhere. The average intake is around $200, and doesn't add much power. A wastegate actuator is much cheaper, and produces more noticeable gains. I think taking control of your car's boost away from the computer is the first thing you should do to get more power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts