Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was car #25

The car was running at it's prime on Saturday night unfortunately the strip was starting to dew over by the time I had put the slicks on. These are 23" slicks that a friend let me use for a few passes. I will be getting at least 24.5"x 8 or 8.5" on 15" wheels.

Current setup: Just basic bolt-ons
3" AGP Intake
3" Trubendz catted Downpipe
3" Trubendz non resonated piping to a 3" Magnaflow muffler (Camaro one)
AGP Race Intercooler
AGP Hard pipes
Forward Motion Wastegate Actuator. 22-16,17 PSI Drop
DSMLights Tuned on 93 Octane
AGP Mounts, all of them
It has an HDSS clutch and Eibach Prokit springs on it but I don't think that makes it go faster.

Car was full weight with approximately 50-60 pounds of tools and stuff in the trunk with around 1/2 of the tank left. Consistently trapped 108 MPH and had an AFR of low 12's and high 11's. I'm sure if we had dyno tuned it and removed the extra weight it could have gone a little faster but I'm very happy with this street tune. My Stage 3 setup will be on it for next year and we will be dyno tuning that setup.

I uploaded my street tire run as well where I did a 13.1 @ 108.

Attachments

·
SRTforums Nazi Admin
16,228 Posts
I have been out of the Srt scene for a long time, but a few things pop out at me when I read your post.

You are running pretty lean suggest mid - high 11's. 12's can be dangerous without watermeth injection or race gas. Believe it or not but a clutch does help a lot with launching and changing gears. Suggest only 23in slicks for you. 24's are good with bigger turbos and stock turbos fully modded. Personally cut back to back 1.6x 60fts on 23in slicks when I ran a 12.11 on the stock turbo. Keep up the good work.

- Pete

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no stage 0.
True, I know. I don't know why I did that. Suppose I just wanted to share I wasn't staged.
I have been out of the Srt scene for a long time, but a few things pop out at me when I read your post.

You are running pretty lean suggest mid - high 11's. 12's can be dangerous without watermeth injection or race gas. Believe it or not but a clutch does help a lot with launching and changing gears. Suggest only 23in slicks for you. 24's are good with bigger turbos and stock turbos fully modded. Personally cut back to back 1.6x 60fts on 23in slicks when I ran a 12.11 on the stock turbo. Keep up the good work.

- Pete
It was mid to high 11's before I installed the wastegate actuator but I am going to be installing my Stage 3 setup soon, I hope. That's really good on a stock turbo. Thank you for the input. A lot in me wants to keep this setup and try to get low 12's but I really want to see what I can do with my 47lbs setup.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! Keep it up! I don't see enough street-driven SRT-4 racing anymore.
This is a daily driver and wouldn't do it any other way. If I want a race car, I'll build something with more cylinders than I have. It's a lot of fun the way it is.

Better than I ever did with a stock turbo. Keep it up!
I really wish I had not built my new setup because I am just starting to have fun with it and I have been able to surprise a few local SRT-4 owners.

Thanks to Bob I will be installing this setup with a ported intake manifold from him as well. Just a simple 47lbs/min externally gated and ported setup.

Not shooting for the stars with it. Just simply looking to have fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
When I went from the stock turbo to a S3, it was night and day. The turbo just pulls all the way to redline.

I couldn't imagine a BWS3, tuned to kill.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love my BWS3. Quick spool, smooth power and faster that most cars out there.
Quick spool is what I'm after considering it's my daily driver. My friend has an S256 on his and it's fast but I prefer a quicker spool. I'm already faster than a lot of cars in my town. People see 108 MPH trap and then they quote brochure numbers but they don't realize I could trap 100 MPH and still be faster than someone trapping 115MPH. I'm sure you understand.

When I went from the stock turbo to a S3, it was night and day. The turbo just pulls all the way to redline.

I couldn't imagine a BWS3, tuned to kill.
I'm aiming for 450 whp and whatever torque that will yield. Going to use MS109 from VP Racing fuels to help me get there. On daily mode I'll be happy with 360-380 whp or whatever 22 PSI will net. I just want to enjoy the car and drive it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quick spool is what I'm after considering it's my daily driver. My friend has an S256 on his and it's fast but I prefer a quicker spool. I'm already faster than a lot of cars in my town. People see 108 MPH trap and then they quote brochure numbers but they don't realize I could trap 100 MPH and still be faster than someone trapping 115MPH. I'm sure you understand.
I totally get it. Time spent in the powerband is most always more important than peaky dyno numbers. Unless it's a purpose built race car, peaky setups are for the bids.

Mark

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I totally get it. Time spent in the powerband is most always more important than peaky dyno numbers. Unless it's a purpose built race car, peaky setups are for the bids.

Mark
Exactly. Don't think I'll ever get to build a racecar in my lifetime but if I do, it will be V8 with a very big bird catcher.

I was racing my friend with a 2013 Mustang 5.0 that had an intake, axle back(maybe full), and possibly an FRPP tune; I was able to hold him the whole way. Granted he did end up doing a 13.0 @ 110 or 111 MPH at the end of the night. However, every time him and I lined up I was able to beat him with my 108 MPH trap car. My 1/8 mile trap was just barely higher than his every time. Both manual cars, obviously I have more done than him but it shows what a clean powerband can do.

Don't get me wrong, his car is faster and it was his first time to the track in a few years but he can also drive pretty good. I think he was doing 2.2 or 2.1 60' so he needs a little more seat time there.

My S3 exahust manifold is fully P&P by MAP. It has stock like spool, which is sort of annoying at times.
I'm excited, I should see it tomorrow. It's like Christmas and a birthday present all in one.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Exactly. Don't think I'll ever get to build a racecar in my lifetime but if I do, it will be V8 with a very big bird catcher.

I was racing my friend with a 2013 Mustang 5.0 that had an intake, axle back(maybe full), and possibly an FRPP tune; I was able to hold him the whole way. Granted he did end up doing a 13.0 @ 110 or 111 MPH at the end of the night. However, every time him and I lined up I was able to beat him with my 108 MPH trap car. My 1/8 mile trap was just barely higher than his every time. Both manual cars, obviously I have more done than him but it shows what a clean powerband can do.

Don't get me wrong, his car is faster and it was his first time to the track in a few years but he can also drive pretty good. I think he was doing 2.2 or 2.1 60' so he needs a little more seat time there.

I'm excited, I should see it tomorrow. It's like Christmas and a birthday present all in one.
FWD sucks for racing. I just have both...

What's behind the bumper cover?

Surprise! Turbo LS1!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those Camaro's are my favorite. My friend has a red 35th anniversary edition with all the SLP options from the dealership. It has roughly 60,000 miles on it and is like new. All that aside, he is able to take out a supercharged 07 4.6 Mustang.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Those Camaro's are my favorite. My friend has a red 35th anniversary edition with all the SLP options from the dealership. It has roughly 60,000 miles on it and is like new. All that aside, he is able to take out a supercharged 07 4.6 Mustang.
Yep, this is a 35th ann. ed. as well. It's only got around 55k or so, but far from stock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts