Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im puting the boost controler on my st2 car cuz i hate that when i punch it in 2nd it goes to 15 psi then climes to 18 then shift and spikes 20 then goes to 18. i hate that wen i go from a roll im only getn 15 psi in the gear im in. u all st2 guys no waht im talkin bout dont be in denial. so i thot if i added a mbc that it would stop all that bs waiting and spikes. so i can just set it at 19 psi

i no theres guys out there like me any one runing this set up

(BTW ndswngs SELLS SOME REALLY NICE IN CABIN BOOST CONTROLERS!!!! WITH INSTRUCTIONS AND EVERY THING)

·
Registered
361 Posts
That run was with slicks and only WG and Mopar exhaust Haven't been back since the new mods have been added. I have a single stage boost controller and on the street high boost in 1st and 2nd all i got is tire smoke but on the track i am sure with the Mickey's it will be different story.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i am right? with the boost set at 19 psi will be faster right?

... im talking from a roll. if i go to the track im not worried about traction, i have somthing :) so from a roll i wont have to wait for 19psi any more i will get instant boost!? right?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I am running Stage 2 with Greddy e-01 boost controller and AGP WGA. I was lucky enough to have Chad (SY04SRT4) install and tune my boost controller. He did an excellent job tunning it. The boost goes quickly to target boost despite my laggy Perrin FMIC. When I first got my car back from him, I would step hard on the gas. Shortly after that I would look over to the boost gauge to check out the needle movement expecting to see it still moving. I was pleasantly suprised that the boost controller had reached target boost in that short period of time. The best thing is that the boost did not spike. Looking at the e-01 boost display graph, I saw the graph climb up to target boost and then the boost would hold (indicated by a horizontal boost graph line.) Stage 2 will work with an EBC and AGP WGA. The secret is in the tuning.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Isthatatank said:
i want instant 19 lbs, i hate how it creeps to 18 after hitting 15 instantly.
I have tried it both ways. The car was UNDRIVEABLE spiking to 20 without the S2 buildup from 15 to 19. It blew the tires off in 1st & 2nd. It surged hard and the turbo spooled way to quickly. The only bummer about running the S2 boost is the huge falloff from 4500-redline. I go from 20 to about 14.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm going to use 91Cavs Hobbs switch + EBC idea with my stage 2. Set it to 15 psi on the hobbs switch and run 19 psi on the EBC. I'm going to tune it with a Wide band. Take the psi reading from the green line turbo outlet. I have other things to take care of with the car first, so this idea is on the back burner right now.

With this set up, the ECU will control the boost all the way to 15 psi. I will have full function of the D.A.B. The car will react just as normal until I hit 15 psi. After 15 psi the it will switch over to the EBC and be controlled to 19psi from there.

David (91Cav) came up with this idea and Scottmech came up with a different version of this idea using two boost soleniods. Have at it.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hey I was wondering when i get my s2 w.o toys im gonna try and see how it will work with a boost controller and the spring mod. This way i can hld better boost to redline and get the boost i want. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.