Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know the SRToc has almost ceased to exist since the 2006 Nationals. We intended the 2006 Nationals to be an event that jumpstarted the club; instead it seems as though it was our last hoorah. Aside from a few random posts the forum has been dead, the website has been down, and no new members have signed up.

The SRToc is at an important crossroads: do we cease to exist completely and disband -or- do we transition the club to new leadership who try to climb the steep hill of bringing the club out of dispare? I think we all have an idealized vision of what the club can and should be and I hope some of you are willing to accept the task of bringing it to prominence. Taking it there is a very challenging task; one that was too challenging for the current executive board.

Let's not get caught up in what went wrong, but rather focus on where do we go from here. We can worry about what went wrong if we transition to a new executive board.

Please take some time to consider what you think is best for the future of the club. Let's discuss for the next week or so; then we can decide what direction to move. Lastly, if possible please draw other SRToc members attention to this thread.

Your Treasurer and Lifelong SRToc Believer,
Alex

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
i'm all for resurrecting the SRToc. I'll start brainstorming some ideas, and i'd be more than happy to help in any way. Just lemme know alex.

-Kyle

·
Administrator
39,177 Posts
I'd love for the SRToc to become something larger, something along the lines of PCA or BMWCCA, not just SRT-4 owners (we're cheap), but have SRT8, viper, the new SRT4, etc. Have regional events more often, maybe events in the NW in the summer, SE in spring, nationals somewhere in fall, SW in winter. Sponsor HPDE/track days (maybe talk to vca about that?).

We know that Mopar/SRT/Dodge is willing to help out at events, and they've listened to the members of this forum in regards to production decisions (acr, white paint, etc) so I think if things could become organized and larger (in member help and activity) we could do some good things. Heck, all of the complaining may lead to awd being on some upcoming SRT products that were going to be fwd. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Wow!!!
Alex, I think most of us figured that OC was dead!
So many questions.
Will the OC be Neon specific or will it be all inclusive? If it is the latter it doesn't feel a unique as it would if you add all the other SRT brands. If it were just for Neons it would be small and probably not cost effective.
Would you still be a member of the OC if you didn't own an SRT anymore?
What will the benifits be for the veteran OC members?
Will you Change the Member #'s?
For the new comers, what do I get for joining? will be their first question, I think.
This may all sound stupid.
Being an original 2003 SRT-4 owner and member of the original OC, I feel special. like a member of a chevy Nomad club or challenger club. I hope it stays special like that.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
keep the basic outline of the group the same i kinda like it being SRT 4's only... makes me feel like part of special group of cars... also like the others said better discounts and or at leats from companys that make alot of great stuff where the 10-15% off would actually make a difference... say on a $500 clutch vs. some carbonfiber door sills... i mean com'on where would you rather save your money?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spcforker said:
Wow!!!
Alex, I think most of us figured that OC was dead!
So many questions.
Will the OC be Neon specific or will it be all inclusive? If it is the latter it doesn't feel a unique as it would if you add all the other SRT brands. If it were just for Neons it would be small and probably not cost effective.
Would you still be a member of the OC if you didn't own an SRT anymore?
What will the benifits be for the veteran OC members?
Will you Change the Member #'s?
For the new comers, what do I get for joining? will be their first question, I think.
This may all sound stupid.
Being an original 2003 SRT-4 owner and member of the original OC, I feel special. like a member of a chevy Nomad club or challenger club. I hope it stays special like that.
A lot of great questions! For answers though we are going to need new, determined volunteers to step up and run the club.

I just sent a million PMs (5 at a time) so now I am headed to bed...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Like Leadfoot said and many others have said in the past:

VENDOR DISCOUNTS

VENDOR GIVE AWAYS

I don't even know why I am still a member. I don't see a plus to being one. I continue to pay only because I live in a dream land where I hope someday it will all pay off.

I can see why there have not been any new members. When I joined people said there would be discounts and give aways. There was some of that and there are vendors who hand out discounts, but I don't need a discount on eyelids.... Big turbo stuff on the other hand.

These vendors make a ton of money off of all of us here. Its time they started giving a little.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
While an actual 'functioning' club would be nice, I agree it would be an uphill battle to stir up interest unless we can get some exclusivity. Why pay to join a club if there are no benefits? Benefits that are extended to club members need to be only to club members, or else there is no value. I like my license plate frame, stickers and cards from my initial enrollment. I also like the ability to attach images to my posts. The SRTOC graphic on my name is also sweet.
There's also some PR stuff to consider. Now, I don't know how the funds are allocated (I should, though) within the SRTOC and how it affects the owner(s) of SRTForums, but many feel that the board is wealthy enough with the advertising inundations (Adblock Plus FTW) and paying for SRTOC would simply be more money to line the pockets of the owner.
SRTOC needs a grand re-opening and re-structure. I lack experience with such a large club hierarchy, but regional club committees seem to be a necessity, as well as local (elected?) representatives. We should look to larger clubs (Mopar club, etc) and take notes before taking such an endeavor.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Ok, here is my 2 cents.

We cannot make the SRToc Neon specific, plain and simple the neon is not in production anymore and there is a whole lineup of SRT vehicles to be targeted.

You cannot demand more vendors and immediate discounts or free items, these companies want to see the general interest in the group before they offer free items.

I think personally that people joined the SRToc at first to get all of the discounts offered through the vendors on this site. Now that the vendors have just opened the flood gates, people loose intrest. We had this problem locally people tried to join the site and immediately try to find out what the club gets discounts on.

Now we monitor the people that travel our site and we make sure there isn’t shady deals’ going down. But we are on a much smaller scale than this.

There truly is a large amount of people that joined the SRToc nationwide, in order to get it more organized yes it does need to get split into regions. If people are provided with info at least monthly about upcoming events via e-mail or something like that. Just to re-spark interest to the original members that signed up, I can see that helping the number issue.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
OKC/Tulsa is a large and upcoming srt community that has recently started a small place for us to chat due to the lack of personall stomping ground if you will. The forums need to be more specific and to keep the oc going will take incentives bottom line. Very few people will pay just to be apart of something that never reaches there back yard. So if there is a large following in a specific area such as okc then there needs to be some sort of atleast feeler to due an event at the track here or in tulsa. There you can give away a membership or 2 and promote the oc. If people see the event right there and see the oc is actually a functioning car club they will be more apt to join and tell others to join. This may require some generals in the field lol like oldschool members who are willing and funded by the oc to put together meets or events that will draw in some cars localy and maybe even some srt racing legends (IMO) like DCR. This could go on for days but I think you get the idea. There has to be a reason to be a member that was not there before cause that obviosly didnt work, and free turbo kits for everyone that joins lol!!! J/K but I would like to see vendor support from vendors and local shops at these events under guidlines of discounts to current members for setting up a tent. Like others said needs to be on the stuff that matters. I mean I spent 10k on my motor/driveline=very few discounts if any and 500 bux on visual mods.... and got discounts on all of it. OK I will leave some virtual memory for some one else to type in lol! Later and good luck I would love to see something come of this and the OC to survive and shine in the end.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
leadfoot said:
My .02

More Vendor discounts.
Vendor give aways.
Regional Chapters.
Rules/Attendance Required?
the attendance thing will be hard for anyone, you have everyone working different jobs, and would be difficult regardless to make that a requirement.

Ace:

Thanks for the PM bro, I am all for helping out on the Mid-atl side... I have met alot of people from HRC (Hampton Roads, Va) area.. They opened there arms like we were brothers. Pretty amazing groups out there. With no drama. People have asked me how to join srtoc, and what benefits there are ? Also if they can get a license plate frame thing etc. I sport mine and have been... since i as a member :)

·
Super Moderator
4,822 Posts
It would be nice, just to start having people get together and actually doing stuff. Better discounts and newsletters would be nice.

·
"Made" Member
75,379 Posts
Someone else also needs to take over...I just can't get anything done and really
don't have the time or desire anymore. I am all for remaining a member and
keeping things going, but I can't continue in my current path.

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
The commitment of Dodge Motorsports to stay active in racing technology says a lot and is important to make a club like the SRTOC attractive today and in the future. In my opinion, the SRTOC would have to include the entire high performance model SRT's to be successful. A commitment to leadership (elected officers) to lead, set rules, be creative and enhance membership would also be a high priority for success. Regional chapters as well as State chapters within region are a must.

And as others have said, vendor discounts, give a-ways, planned activities, car shows, swap meets, club, drag auto-x racing events just to name a few. Local seasonal events like October Fest, fall cruises, etc.

It will take a lot of time and dedication of a team who want to step up to the plate and get it going. I for one would welcome something better then what currently goes on, on the SRTForum.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I started coSRToc here in colorado with the hope that we would be recognized as a regional chapter of the overall larger club. Hoping that by pooling resources, time, money & effort everyone would benefit & grow stronger. Things have grown & gone extremely well for our club locally but nothing really emerged nationally.

SRT Ace: I had a notification that you sent me 2 PM's but when I wnr to my inbox there was nothing? Not sure what it was but if you get the chance can you send it again?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think in the early days, when the SRT4 was a new and exciting toy, guys really jumped on board with SRToc. I haven't been active due to the Marine Corps, but would love to make the nationals or even regional meets. The SRT4 has died out of magizines and peoples minds. Young kids today look at the Evos, Si, Eclipse. Where's the excitement?

We need to have more meets. Vender discounts on major stuff would really be a shot in the arm. Maybe if we make enough noise, Horsepower TV will come out. Who knows? Sport Compact Car will start featuring SRT4s. (They really should packup their Hondas and move to Japan. JDM freaks!)

Nuff said.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Well there's nothing really new to say that hasn't already been spoken. I do agree that we need to be more than just a neon SRToc, because the title alone of SRToc is ambiguous enough to include any and all SRT vehicles. Besides, it will not only open us up to new members, but we could have a much higher chance of being publically known. Who knows, if we continue this and get ourself big enough, there may even be a little flyer or card or something stuck in the owners manual of the next SRT-# saying "Be a part of the exclusive SRToc!". That would be the shit :readclose

So i support all those saying we need more vendors involved and more discounts and drawings, as well as broadening our inclusion of other SRT vehicles.

The best part of this club for me was when i bought my exhaust from Maxxfab... the discount alone paid for my membership fee's and then some!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts