Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE! 5/28/04, I just moved this thread to the Drag Racing forum instead of the Performance Mods forum to help out those who were looking into getting this set up to run the 225/50/15 drag radials.

OK so here it is..

they are rota subzeros in a 15x6.5" size, 5x100, +40mm offset.

Mini guys who have weighed them had them at 11.7lbs!

Rota claims them to be at 12lbs!

anyhow, you are wondering about prices?

well the wheels are $110 and we had to use 6mm spacers for them to work.

spacers were like 4.99 each.

Also she got the deal some of you guys read earlier last month about the BF Godridge G-Force drag radials! they cost her $79 each!

the tires are 225/50/15-BF Godridge G-Force drag radials
the wheels are 15x6.5-Rota subzeros in black.

with a little indirect ;) help from Psi-Fi motorsports (Jean was liking their black drag wheels) we put the package together.

the things above are hub rings which are needed they are 72.6mmx57.10mm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
those are nice but they look better on a yellow car :p

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
NIVO88T said:
go wash that yella caa you ishnit...

now make it to NED saturday!

I think the misses is getting the flu over the weekend...:eek: :p

it's still not clean :D no sense washing in the rain .. maybe tomorrow

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
ditto.. i was gonna ask you guys to go .. but i read the wheather :(

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evilacr said:
Sweet, can't wait to see what you guys run.

Steve K.
Also...i don't really know what the car will run...

or what i should set the Drag radials to on the srt4! i was thinking of starting the day with 30psi and work our way dow by 2psi at a time. usually on import/compact days we get about 12 runs in!

so far the car has:

• *AGP Wastegate set to 12.5psi
    *AGP BOP and Copper gasket
    *ATP UPP
    *TXS RFL BOV
    *Mopar Stage 1
    *Hallman Manual Boost controller
    *Rex inserts top and bottom
    *K&N drop in filter with custom Ram Air effect
    *15x6.5 Rota Subzero-12lbs
    *225/50/15 BFG DR's-19lbs
    *Moderperformance aluminum shift knob:p

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
man that knob i tell ya...its makes so much powah..lmao

·
Registered
884 Posts
Nice wheels. We were using nitto drag radials, and after about half of there like they seemed to give up. We switched to regular slicks and lost .5 sec off of our times. I hope these tires help you out.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
paeva said:
Did she need the spacers to clear the calipers or is it the tire size that is an issue?
Hi, I can answer that! Nivo is out tuning my car right now :eek: :eek: :eek:

We needed the 6mm spacer to clear the calipers. The size of the tires was not an issue at all, 225s worked just fine!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
jean it's 2am , tell nivo it's bed time ;)

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
thispainisours said:
jean it's 2am , tell nivo it's bed time ;)
Shit, him and Carlos are out tuning the car again. I absolutely hate to do it, I am letting them do it without me!!!!!

Picture this: OK, initially they do something to the car, then they say OK Jean, let's take it out for a run, right? OK so this entails driving like a freakin maniac 110+ miles an hour on the highway or trying to find some remote place so as not to get stopped by the cops to check what the boost level is at. So Nivo says ok I want you to start out in second then punch it. I do just what he says but they both go, "no, that's not what we wanted you to do." Now we have to do the run over. I get so nervious! Even when I do it right, it's like OK now we have to pull over and re-adjust the boost. Then we run again. Then they re-adjust again. Then we run again. Get the picture????? IT DRIVES ME COMPLETELY INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for a god dang ELECTRONIC boost controller.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i do the same thing with marci :lol: she always shifts way to early, and i cant see the redline boost :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SRT4 Boston said:
where did you guys get the spacer? I need a pair to get my center caps in
We got ours at Town Fair Tire, do you have those out your way?

And BTW, who are you????? Are you new? You live in Boston? We (me and SRTGURL) are keeping a spreadsheet.

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CenturyI said:
You have to bare with me for a second I know nothing about drag. Are they smaller then the stock wheels and do they go in the front or back.
No problem, SRTGURL is new to drag racing too! Yes, they are smaller than the stock 17". You get 15" only for the front wheels to drag race. Most drag radials and slicks are in 15" size.

·
Registered
516 Posts
NIVO88T said:
No problem, SRTGURL is new to drag racing too! Yes, they are smaller than the stock 17". You get 15" only for the front wheels to drag race. Most drag radials and slicks are in 15" size.
So on the whole you spent around 400? Because I want to start going down at the track. My friends measured out a quarter mile and I did it in 14 seconds but I just want to get it offical.

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CenturyI said:
So on the whole you spent around 400? Because I want to start going down at the track. My friends measured out a quarter mile and I did it in 14 seconds but I just want to get it offical.
yeah little under $400...

they helped alot....she got her 60' from 2.24 best on stock tires to a 1.93 on drag radials.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts