Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They day is finally coming for me to get my srt4 but i have a dilemma i dont know what color to get ahhhh! one color i dont want is yellow other then that i dunno. im leaning towards black maybe silver red i dunno. so help me decide?

·
Registered
32 Posts
color choice

ur soo lucky, just be glad u actually have the choice. I live in PA and the dealerships around here will receive them in march, with yellow being the first color delivered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my opinion.. yellow is girlish, black is mean looking, silver is cool, red fades in the sun fast. so black or silver :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think yellow is sweet....i'd actually chose yellow (but i've had a color scheme picked out to go with yellow before the srt was even heard of)...i say good choice terminator

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
You'll figure it out when you see them all in person. BTW, any color will fade in the sun unless you wax it regularly. My personal preference for this car is 1. Red 2. BlK 3.Yel 4.Sil. I've never owned a red car so that's my pick this time. Last 2 colors were Silver (99 25TH Ann Mustang GT), Yellow ('94 GT) which definately fell in the muscle car category!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Slow5OH said:
Get red, everyone has a yellow one. Plus that yellow's gonna attract cops like flies on hot poo.

-faast
Red cars are ticketed more than any other color. Yellow is bad too, but red is worst. Best colors are sky blue (and similar light colors) and white. I work for the PD, so don't argue:) Officers swear color has nothing to do with it, but it's a subconscious thing and I say it totally does. Certain colors just look fast.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Red and Yellow are cops magnets. Black is impossible to keep clean (but looks great when it is). Silver is your best choice. I had a discussion at the dealership about this same thing with another guy who was purchasing one. He felt the same way.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Red cars are ticketed more than any other color. Yellow is bad too, but red is worst. Best colors are sky blue (and similar light colors) and white. I work for the PD, so don't argue:) Officers swear color has nothing to do with it, but it's a subconscious thing and I say it totally does. Certain colors just look fast.[/quote]

So a red car makes the radar display a higher #? Get the color you like the car in, tickets are a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have had all of the colors even yellow, I want a yellow one, our last vehicle was red(nice) but wife wanted it, i wanted black(meaner looking), this time color is my choice....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Its down to Psychology (for fun remember): Red- outgoing and spontanious Black-mysterious and cool. Yellow- flashy and outspoken. Silver- thinker and do-er. Or just buy all four colors for less than Viper!!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Tell you what Grunge, I don't have a detector, but I do have the SRT, how about a trade? Oh, that's right, without the SRT, I don't need the dectector, nevermind :) I chose silver for the cops (red/yellow), cleanliness (have the black GLHS, bitch to keep clean). If Patriot Blue was there, I would have gotten that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
18 Participants
SpitterGuy
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing