Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spreading Holiday cheer.....

All SRT4 kits (factory Wilwood and TCE/Wilwood kits) include free ground shipping, four bottles of 570 brake fluid and a custom bleeder bottle from now through December 15th.

And what the hell; RED upgrades for $75 for everyone. It is Christmas shopping time afterall. *Sorry, no candy stripes.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might work out some sort of deal w/you.

Remember however you'll be hit with 8% sales tax too.
How about "no sales tax" and we call it even?

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Ok todd i really need a big brake kit now. How do I order! I want red calipers with the slotted and drilled rotors.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I sent you a pm

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
bump i sent you one more

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Brakes are badass Todd! Both looks and performance is exactly what I was after. I recommend the kit to anyone wanting a bigger brake upgrade for the street. I can honestly say if you come out with a kit for the rear that retains the parking brake I'm in!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RedSRT4Me said:
brakes are badass todd! both looks and performerance is exactly what i was after. I recommend the kit to anyone wanthing a bigger brake upgrade for the street. I can honestly say if you come out with a kit for the rear that retains the parking brake I'm in!
Thanks. Glad to hear it works well for your needs.

As for the rear kit....I doubt it's going to happen. I am now done with the rear kit for the MINI using this same part.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88862&page=2

Having this kit completed I now know the details of which it will take to produce it for the SRT4 as well. The kit would be in the $1200+ price range. This community is not in the position to spend that much money on a rear brake kit that has little to offer of the stock design.

If someone wishes to "underwrite a build" (i.e. cash in hand) I'll be glad to look into it more. For now it's a dead project for me.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
8,916 Posts
Todd TCE said:
No sir. No oem replacement parts, just the big kits.
Todd's BBK is the bomb.... Only one I would use for my One Lap / Time Trial car.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Todd TCE said:
So when I need to do the rear what would be a decent upgrade to match to front? If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I was reading that 300c calipers fit the rear?? Any truth to it? Is it bolt on and go?? What pads would be a good upgrade??

Any info provided is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RedSRT4Me said:
Todd TCE said:
So when I need to do the rear what would be a decent upgrade to match to front? If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I was reading that 300c calipers fit the rear?? Any truth to it? Is it bolt on and go?? What pads would be a good upgrade??

Any info provided is greatly appreciated.

Pick a set of rotors with as close an appearance to the fronts you have and run with it. There's no differnces on rear rotors, one being better than another, it's all looks.

I do offer the rear non parking brake package but it's costly and you'll lose the parking brake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Todd TCE said:
RedSRT4Me said:
brakes are badass todd! both looks and performerance is exactly what i was after. I recommend the kit to anyone wanthing a bigger brake upgrade for the street. I can honestly say if you come out with a kit for the rear that retains the parking brake I'm in!

As for the rear kit....I doubt it's going to happen. I am now done with the rear kit for the MINI using this same part.

Having this kit completed I now know the details of which it will take to produce it for the SRT4 as well. The kit would be in the $1200+ price range. This community is not in the position to spend that much money on a rear brake kit that has little to offer of the stock design.

If someone wishes to "underwrite a build" (i.e. cash in hand) I'll be glad to look into it more. For now it's a dead project for me.
I am a complete novice at this, but I guess a fool may ask the stupid questions that smart people do not consider.

What about mounting a Wilwood caliper, like those in the TCE rear kit, to the stock dimension rotor (10.6 X .48)?

Wilwood makes several calipers designed for rotors just under 0.50 inches, like the stock rotor. There are DynaLites, Forged DynaLites, Narrow Mount DynaLites, etc. (I'm in over my head here as to which DynaLite and which bore size would fit and be appropriate.)

I realize that the ability of this setup to dissipate heat is nowhere near that of the TCE rear kit, but the larger area of the friction material and the Wilwood caliper should offer something over stock. Besides, those who care about maintaining a parking brake are not looking for the "best", they are looking for "better than stock" or "looks cool". From my guess / estimate, a bracket is all that would have to be custom fabricated.

Is this a feasible idea? Is anyone other than me potentially interested in this?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mnewland said:
Todd TCE said:
RedSRT4Me said:

I am a complete novice at this, but I guess a fool may ask the stupid questions that smart people do not consider.

What about mounting a Wilwood caliper, like those in the TCE rear kit, to the stock dimension rotor (10.6 X .48)?

Wilwood makes several calipers designed for rotors just under 0.50 inches, like the stock rotor. There are DynaLites, Forged DynaLites, Narrow Mount DynaLites, etc. (I'm in over my head here as to which DynaLite and which bore size would fit and be appropriate.)

I realize that the ability of this setup to dissipate heat is nowhere near that of the TCE rear kit, but the larger area of the friction material and the Wilwood caliper should offer something over stock. Besides, those who care about maintaining a parking brake are not looking for the "best", they are looking for "better than stock" or "looks cool". From my guess / estimate, a bracket is all that would have to be custom fabricated.

Is this a feasible idea? Is anyone other than me potentially interested in this?

Your money is better spent on larger rotors and the stock caliper than an aftermarket caliper on stock rotor. Lots of reasons why.

Reality is that any one of combo of those ideas "might' be doable. I'm just not dong it. If you'd like to work it up I'll gladly treat you fair on calipers, pads and such.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Todd TCE said:
mnewland said:
Todd TCE said:
RedSRT4Me said:

Your money is better spent on larger rotors and the stock caliper than an aftermarket caliper on stock rotor. Lots of reasons why.

Reality is that any one of combo of those ideas "might' be doable. I'm just not dong it. If you'd like to work it up I'll gladly treat you fair on calipers, pads and such.
You have like 3 pm's from me check them!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts