Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was told REGULAR 2gn Neon struts will work on a SRT4 .. Im on SRT4 Owners on facebook and the dude was saying they work...

Kevin Knabe 2001 neon rt strut bodies, koni srt4 strut inserts front, koni neon strut inserts rear, mopar srt4 stage 1 springs.

Kevin Knabe My srt4 acr with 17 inch wheels. Wheels where 17x7 35 offset. 215 40 17 tire. No issues what so ever. All it takes is research to get the correct info.
Image may contain: car and outdoor

Is this true ? i cant find Struts to save my ass and im not paying 305$ from modern no way. :flame:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I can't say what tire size would work but $389.00 for a full set of OEM stock struts seems like a great price to me........ that's less than $100.00 each.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not drag racing my car or racing it at all. Just a daily driver and some times here and there ill get on it. But thats it.

·
Administrator
38,903 Posts
You end up with a short, skinny, weak tire on aftermarket wheels, more fender gap, and using a mixture of struts will cause a crazy rake and maybe compromised handling.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not when you can get SXT for 166 all four .. i need new tires anyways .. i was just wondering if i could.
The spring perch sits and inch or so lower than the srt4 struts. Reason why is that the non acr srt4 tire size is bigger. Only way to fit it in. Acr tire size is smaller cause it's better for handling on road courses. Damping is better than sxt struts.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
and another SRT4 hacked up with cheap replacement parts that dont fit... Why do people even bother buyin gthem if they arent willing to at least put them back together with the right parts to begin with. Just go buy a regular POS Neon and be done with it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not saying im hacking another SRT4 jackass. I just asked a question and next time before getting your thongs waged up your ass more read the post. did you see i said im gonna use them ? sorry holy fuck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
not saying im hacking another SRT4 jackass. I just asked a question and next time before getting your thongs waged up your ass more read the post. did you see i said im gonna use them ? sorry holy fuck.
Same shit happened to me a few weeks ago. You ask a simple question and everyone's a dick. I'm looking for struts/shocks too. It seems to be either Mopar or Koni's. Both are expensive but will work great.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same shit happened to me a few weeks ago. You ask a simple question and everyone's a dick. I'm looking for struts/shocks too. It seems to be either Mopar or Koni's. Both are expensive but will work great.

If you can't find them used those are the only 2 options without messing up the geometry of the suspension and how dodge designed it unfortunately. I picked up used ones near me for cheaper. But that in itself is a hard thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
yes, yes I am a jack ass, but the point is the car may not be safe by using stock Neon struts and if your looking for affirmation here to use them from seasoned veteran forum members its going to be hard to find. I see plenty of used struts on ebay and local Facebook pages and from local owners here in the DFW area so surely you can spend a little more effort to find the right ones used instead of wasting money on NEon ones that you will have to replace with SRT ones anyway. Hell I bought a set of 4 barely used new struts from one of the guys here for $200 just last year so I know it can be done.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yes, yes I am a jack ass, but the point is the car may not be safe by using stock Neon struts and if your looking for affirmation here to use them from seasoned veteran forum members its going to be hard to find. I see plenty of used struts on ebay and local Facebook pages and from local owners here in the DFW area so surely you can spend a little more effort to find the right ones used instead of wasting money on NEon ones that you will have to replace with SRT ones anyway. Hell I bought a set of 4 barely used new struts from one of the guys here for $200 just last year so I know it can be done.

That's how much a paid. 40k miles on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
shit if you werent in GA and were local, I would sell you my old ones for reasonably cheap but they arent so cheap to ship so it really doesnt make it worth it. Even with 100k miles on them they are in pretty good shape still.

·
Premium Member
6,823 Posts
Damn, I have to go do an inventory of the parts I took off both cars and did not sell or give away. Pretty sure I have a set of stock struts in the attic at my Dad's house. <1K miles on them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really need to replace the struts in my SRT-4. 165k and they don't feel very good. I believe I need strut bearings or mounts in the rear. Terrible squeaking noise coming from the back all the time unless i'm not moving, or driving on smooth pavement.

I am afraid to buy the cheap coilovers, and I can't afford to spend a huge amount of money on this car. I have searched but can't find anything other than Mopar. Are there any affordable options out there, that would be equivalent to OEM?

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
its my understanding the only options out there are for regular neons, which have a different spring perch height than SRT-4s.

·
Registered
21 Posts
well that's a bummer. The more I drive this car the more I realize that it would really benefit from a new set of struts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to this page and I've done some searching around and just want to see if anyone knows of a decent set of struts that doesn't make my car ride like it has square tires?? PLEASE! this has been an absolute nightmare.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts