Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed new Hotchkis springs on the srt4 and I also own a 95 dodge neon.

What I would like to know if the SRT's springs will work on the 95 neon and would it raise it up any higher and make it any stiffer?

Was wondering because I Rally the 95 neon and don't really want it up any higher than it is ( if the springs will work ) but want to get rid of the bounce in the front. ( if replacing the springs will )

I checked the front struts by pushing down on the front a few times and it doesn't bounce around after letting off, so I would assume that maybe springs would help some.

Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
well the 2nd gen springs are longer than the 1st gen springs but they do fit. people use rt springs to lower 2nd gens. but the rt springs are 1.5 in lower on a 2nd gen but the srt springs are 1in lower on 2nd gens also. so at most your car would be lifted .5 of and inch. its worth a try and my personaly opinion a little lift would help in certaint rally situations.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really don't want any lift because not jumping it or running over anything that rough, just somewhat bumpy.

The reason don't need the lift one guy caught a rut and rolled his Suby that had some lift because he had Outback springs.

·
Registered
520 Posts
well your neon should react quite alot different than a suby with outback springs. and 1st gens dont have that much suspension travle so taking it up a little should help with that. also the frame on the 1st gens are really low so. in my personal opinon the srt springs should work out really well on you 1g.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts