Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought the car about 3 months ago swapped the motor had it tuned and it ran fine always had a code for cam sensor intermittent even before I swapped the motor about a week after having it tuned it went into limp mode and would not rev over 2200 so I bought a brand new cam sensor crank sensor and magnet all from the dealership when I removed the magnet the part number was different and it was for a 2.0 neon. Replaced it with the 2.4 magnet and now it runs super rough. I got new spark plugs new coil and new spark plug wires I stripped the entire engine harness and checked all the wires with the 2.4 magnet it will eventually throw a coil pack code p2305 but with the 2.0 magnet it will only throw the cam sensor code

Srt4 with Srt4 magnet

Srt4 with Neon 2.0 magent

Tuned on e85 with 750cc injectors walbro 255
Pistons rods Windage tray crank strap agp 50 trim 3 bar map and tip

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I removed the magnet for the 2.4 and cut the nubs off rotated it and it revs past 2200 just fine still unsure why it would run fine

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe I have figured it out
When I purchased the car I figured it was really weird to have cam gears on a stock head and stock cams I Believe now that it in fact has 2.0 cams as it had a 2.0 magnet I could tell the previous owner did not know a lot about the car and was having the same problem based off the 3 boxes of cam gear magnets a crank sensor and cam sensor in the glove box after finding a forum with the 2.0 cam swap I found that by rotating the cam magnet 90 degrees clockwise it now runs fine with the 2.4 magnet although I still have a code the car revs past 2200 and idles normal

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s what i believe it’s 100% has some type of cams as it runs normal with the magnet rotated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts