Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, for the 3rd time let's use this thread just for races with the SRT4, please

Anyway just got home from work, a new M3 came flyin up behind me and pulled up next to me, not sure if it was a '01, '02, '03 but it was the new body style, we both floored it and if I hadn't shifted to 5th as fast as I did I woulda kept up more, from 60 to around 120 or so he beat me by about 2-3 car lengths, not that bad considering though, :lol: :D , I'm still produ in my car for keepin up the way it did :D :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
My friend has an M3. I checked the specs a few weeks ago for that reason and the SRT-4 is hands down faster. Not a LOT faster, but you should win easily as long as your shifting is decent.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Also, I've noticed that if you drive the SRT-4 in it's sweet spot it'll pull twice as hard! I have driven it around and floored it from several gears and shifted around and there are some times when it "pulls" and there are other times when it "PULLS!" After you've raced the car for a while and get completely familiar with it, you'll see how much more it pulls! Trust me on this one.... You've got to find someplace you can screw around with it and drive it like a bat outta' hell. Once you've driven it like that for a while, you'll know the sweet spots... :twisted:

·
Registered
207 Posts
um a newer body style M3 :roll:
Im sorry if you guys think your even close to that car in any aspect, because you are not.
Those cars are capable of 0-60 in 4.7 secconds, and low 13 seccond 1/4 mile times trapping at OVER 105mph.
Now maybe with the mopar kits you will have a chance, but no stock srt-4 is going to come close to an M3.
He was probably messing around with you, because if he was full out racing it wouldn't have been that close.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Quark said:
um a newer body style M3 :roll:
Im sorry if you guys think your even close to that car in any aspect, because you are not.
Those cars are capable of 0-60 in 4.7 secconds, and low 13 seccond 1/4 mile times trapping at OVER 105mph.
Now maybe with the mopar kits you will have a chance, but no stock srt-4 is going to come close to an M3.
He was probably messing around with you, because if he was full out racing it wouldn't have been that close.
From a roll at 60, and depending on gearing, I could believe keeping up. I know an SRT will keep or beat an e36 m3. Nice run dood!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Quark said:
an e36 I have no doubts the SRT will keep up, hell it might even win.
But seriously, the e46 has 86 more hp than the e36, and you know it has awosome gearing.
I agree with you. The SRT is geared to pull hard in every gear, not just 1, 2, and 3rd. Also, under the assumption that the SRT has 223 at the wheels, and the e46 has 333 at the crank, we're probably only giving up 60 or so horse. That with the extra weight of the e46, and from a highway start of 60mph, I don't doubt the SRT could run with that dog. I don't think you could ever *beat* the car, but you'll probably piss him off.

·
Registered
207 Posts
well we really dont know the average dyno for the SRT, i've seen the SCC one and i think thats all most of us have. Maybe the average one will put down 215, or maybe 230 we will have to wait and see.
also 0-130 time for the srt4 (according to C&D) is 26.6
0-130 for the bimmer is 20.3
Now i know this is not 60-130, but 0-130 give a good indication of top end.
The M3 has to be pulling harder up high because in the 1/4 miles its only about 1 seccond ahead, but by 130 its 6 secconds ahead.

·
Registered
726 Posts
ICULOKN R/T said:
and the M3 cost over 40k..but damn its so bad ass lookin!! and just so bad ass!!!
So what you are trying to say is that you think that car is badass? :wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
c'mon people.....they are trying to start a thread about what cars have been beatin and everytime someone posts something about a car there are ten people wanting to argue about it.......start another thread with these arguments let us have our RACE thread....damn!

·
Registered
207 Posts
well if all of you guys werent claiming to beat 13 seccond cars I dont think there would be much of a problem. Im not saying he didnt race an M3 and keep up well, or that the other kid didnt beat a lightning (well ir eally dont think he could beat a new one), its just hard to believe.
I was expecting races against stang GTs, 350Zs, WRX's, E36 M3s and such..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Quark said:
well if all of you guys werent claiming to beat 13 seccond cars I dont think there would be much of a problem. Im not saying he didnt race an M3 and keep up well, or that the other kid didnt beat a lightning (well ir eally dont think he could beat a new one), its just hard to believe.
I was expecting races against stang GTs, 350Zs, WRX's, E36 M3s and such..
My sentiments exactly. Check out this site, it's very doubtful an SRT could beat one of these although it could be close. http://bmw.jbroadtests.com/3series/2002M3/index4.php

-faast

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Was it a photo-finish?? With my other car, I used to run over kids on skateboards, I mean race kids on skateboards all the time. :lol:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
drizze99 said:
Slow5OH said:
drizze99 said:
I beat a kid on a skateboard today. Is that believeable?
Did you get your SRT yet?

-faast
I'm just messin' around!!

Seriously, though, I just secured one in West Palm and I'm flying down Saturday to get it.
I'm flying down there in March, anybody want me to pick them up a car? :lol: :lol:

-faast

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Driz,

What color you getting? And about when you figure you will be heading north? I'm thiking I'll be heading out from Pembroke Pines (about 50 miles south of West Palm) 1-2 pm with my silver one on Saturday.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Driz,

What color you getting? And about when you figure you will be heading north? I'm thiking I'll be heading out from Pembroke Pines (about 50 miles south of West Palm) 1-2 pm with my silver one on Saturday.
I'm getting a yellow one. My plane arrives in West Palm at 11:30AM and then doing the transaction. I'll keep you posted when I completely firm everything up. I just started the process today and time is moving quickly!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
19 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing