Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a srt4. I am just curious of a couple things. First off I have noticed talk of transmission problems. How common is this and how big of a concern should it be. If you have any Tips or stuff that would be helpful I would appreciate it. Thank you.

·
Registered
618 Posts
It's a 10 year old car. It's to the point in its life where anything can go wrong. Test drive the car. If there's no transmission problems or abnormal engine sounds than have it looked over by a dodge dealer or equivalent and see what they have to say about it. Spending $50-100 for a thorough inspection of the car and saying no to it is a lot better than buying the car and then spending another $1000 or more fixing it. If they give you the green light than buy it if you want and take it straight to a parts house (or mechanic if you don't like getting dirty) and buy the recommended oil for the trans and engine both. Depending on where you want to go with it, buy a replacement air filter and spark plugs and wires as well. Basically do a full tune up on it and call it a day well spent. Afterwards, get a good hard feel of the car and how it acts before you go ninja road rage attack on a streets ass. Like everybody on here tells all of the new comers to the SRT world, treat her right and she will do the same.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I am looking into buying a srt4. I am just curious of a couple things. First off I have noticed talk of transmission problems. How common is this and how big of a concern should it be. If you have any Tips or stuff that would be helpful I would appreciate it. Thank you.
I had my car for 168,000 miles and the only transmission problem I had was a worn out clutch release fork. 'course, I didn't mod or beat the shit out of the car. but like Ashton says, the newest of these cars is 10 years old, and a hell of a lot of them have been modded and/or thrashed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts