Dodge SRT Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
paint it just like a usual hood , stainless is kinda tricky though, my paint comes off sometimes but its a flat black hood so i touch it up with black nail polish works perfect

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
can you powdercoat stainless? if so i know a local place that will do it for like ten bucks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
can you powdercoat stainless? if so i know a local place that will do it for like ten bucks!
powder for 10? i would question their quality to be honest.... and can their oven even fit a hood? anyways ya i dont see why you couldnt powder stainless, my guy that powders for me said he will do anything that is metal, idk if it was exagurating or if he ment it ... take it as it is, its gregg over at bwoody:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
powder for 10? i would question their quality to be honest.... and can their oven even fit a hood? anyways ya i dont see why you couldnt powder stainless, my guy that powders for me said he will do anything that is metal, idk if it was exagurating or if he ment it ... take it as it is, its gregg over at bwoody:thumbsup:
well see its a company built into the local john deere factory that powdercoats all the fenders and decks for the lawnmowers... the guy that owns the place will do it for ten bucks because he is a good friend... they just hang it on a rack and its all automated... there are two guys in suits that touch up any spots that the machine might miss and then it goes through their oven... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
466 Posts
so is this company done already or do they have more hoods? i would really like one.
theyre not going to make anymore,i have one im willing to sell, painted flat black and has 120 white leds on it, but i need a box to ship it and it will cost more than they originally did since their so rare and mines painted and has lights

·
Registered
61 Posts
theyre not going to make anymore,i have one im willing to sell, painted flat black and has 120 white leds on it, but i need a box to ship it and it will cost more than they originally did since their so rare and mines painted and has lights
so...........it looks like a lite bright?

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
well it depends on the price. but i don't want the leds on it.

·
Registered
466 Posts

leds could be taken out easily, i just need a box and a place to ship... i really dont know what id be asking for this but id probably be making money..... the way i see it is you can only get one if u buy it off somone else now so theyre not going to be as cheap as they were from grip since everyone knows they can make money off em

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
well i am not that big of a hurry to have this hood. even with it painted and being rare. if its more then a seibon hood. then i am not interested.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
ok i want more pics of this hood with the led's on it. how did you install them and take some more pictures from some different angles... looks awesome from this one pic.

·
Registered
466 Posts
ok i want more pics of this hood with the led's on it. how did you install them and take some more pictures from some different angles... looks awesome from this one pic.
its 2 four foot strips of surface mount leds(120 leds) doubble side taped around the parimiterof the hood with a few beads of adheasive over it to seal it completly on.... i have a switch inside the car to turn the lightson or off.... will try to get more pics soon... interested in it or just wondering?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
well i own the same hood and wanna light it up somehow. my valve cover is red so i was thinking to go with some red lights but not sure how to mount them or where to mount them. just hoping you could help me with some ideas.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
my new hood owder coated an installed it looks sexy

·
Registered
642 Posts
its 2 four foot strips of surface mount leds(120 leds) doubble side taped around the parimiterof the hood with a few beads of adheasive over it to seal it completly on.... i have a switch inside the car to turn the lightson or off.... will try to get more pics soon... interested in it or just wondering?
where did u get ur leds

81 - 100 of 122 Posts