Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm to the point where i'm looking to get a second car as a DD so i can actually start doing extensive work on my gvr4. meaning i dont' have to rush on weekends just so i have a car for monday morning. how are these cars holding up as a DD? i know every car is different from one to another but i'd like some input. if i do pick up a SRT4 it'll stay stock for a while. just need a second car.

·
Registered
358 Posts
It's great. I drive ~30 miles a day for work, maybe another 15 at night if I have things to do. I have a black one, and it doesn't draw any attention, at least until I have some traffic I need to pass.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
SRT-4 is awesome for a DD. I drive 40+ miles a day. You won't be disappointed. You'll love it. Great gas mileage even when you drive with a heavy foot in the city. Extremely comfortable seats. If you love sports cars, you'll love the SRT-4 as a DD.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i drive mine every day, i have like 28k miles in 15 months? lol...... pathetic. I have all the mods listed in my sig and have never had a problem as a dd to work/school/gfs house/everywhere we go basicly. Awesome car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
150 miles a day, my best mileage is 31.5 mpg that's staying out of boost and conserving gas, with a heavy foot, you can expect 22mpg or less, it's the best all around car for your money. 4 doors, 4 passengers comfortably, hauls groceries and @ss, and gets great mpg to boot. Yeah, you don't want this car. Oh, and those figures are with a stage 2, and not doing over 15mph over the speed limit

·
Registered
727 Posts
I drive mine every day. I only get about 18mpg, the turning radius sucks, and it's loud. And I LOVE it. Driving it is definitely one of the bright spots of my day. I got it in November and it still makes me smile nearly every time I get in it!

·
Registered
672 Posts
It's hard to park.
It's hard to have cell phone conversations in it.
It's hard to drive it in slow traffic.
It's hard to get better than 25mpg.
It's hard to downshift into 2nd.
It's hard to see around the rear left blind spot.
It's hard to sit in the seats if you're a bigger person.
It's hard to shift the stocker quickly.
It's hard to face the high prices of premium gas.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
factrzero said:
It's hard to park.
It's hard to have cell phone conversations in it.
It's hard to drive it in slow traffic.
It's hard to get better than 25mpg.
It's hard to downshift into 2nd.
It's hard to see around the rear left blind spot.
It's hard to sit in the seats if you're a bigger person.
It's hard to shift the stocker quickly.
It's hard to face the high prices of premium gas.

Enjoy!
Sell your car and stop crying.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I get 20 mpg normally between 20-23 mpg at best 24 i think is my best not too heavy of a foot but ill hit it every once in a while. Fun car and I'm running high 12s and with a little more wheel time it'll def be mid 12's with about $1000(maybe a tiny more) in mods. Good choice, some cars are faster but none from a roll on the street :clap: Jk but a nice car indeed. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
It's hard to park. It's small with few blind spots... I find it easy to park.
It's hard to have cell phone conversations in it. This is true for any stick... get a nextel or a phone with a good speaker phone. u shouldn't be on ur cell when driving neways!
It's hard to drive it in slow traffic. This would be a complaint about manual transmission again... I love sticks no matter the traffic.
It's hard to get better than 25mpg. If you don't do freeway driving and can't stay outta boost, good luck getting over 20mpg.
It's hard to downshift into 2nd. I don't have that problem myself.
It's hard to see around the rear left blind spot. I don't have this problem.
It's hard to sit in the seats if you're a bigger person. I don't have this problem; I'm not big... this is probably only true for the Viper seats.
It's hard to shift the stocker quickly. This is understandable; notchy and long-throw.
It's hard to face the high prices of premium gas. only 20 cents more... 2 bucks a fill up. For the power you get and the better gas mileage then a V8, it's not bad at all. V8's will have 20gallon tanks and get 15 mpg if you're flooring them.

Not trying to tear down ur comments or anything... just throwing in my 2 cents. Definitely all legitimate complaints.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree with everything that Glock 35 said. And by the way this is the best daily driver of a considerable number of cars I've owned. It's been years since I've looked for an excuse to drive...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts