Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
I couldnt get it done that fast.... but a shop with a lift and all the tools probably can.

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
That's pretty good. With my modular, even having taken my transmission out 4 times in the last 2 years (plenty of experience) it takes me a good 5 hours out 5 hours back in, but then I'm an extreme perfectionist who puts everything in ziplock bags to keep it organized too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It actually got a little better, went see him after work, he went on his computer to see the hours for that job, it said 5 hrs, so hes gonna charge me $500 to do it. That's not too bad....

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
It actually got a little better, went see him after work, he went on his computer to see the hours for that job, it said 5 hrs, so hes gonna charge me $500 to do it. That's not too bad....
That's a decent price.
I've paid at least that each of the three times I've had mine done.
One of the shops told me "that's a damn heavy transmission!".
Glad I knew my own limitations!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
if you haven't done one 7 seems right.. i went to a buddie who specializes in srt4 (near nyc), mine took 2 hrs.
i

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
its about 200 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
148 pounds, per the UPS scale in Houston Texas upon shipping (with likely about 10 lbs of packing material and box)

Then for some ungodly reason, 153 pounds upon arrival in Omaha, which prompted the total morons at UPS on the receiving end to refuse to put it on a van and deliver it.

Instead they were going to load it back onto a freight semi, send it all the way back to Houston, where it would THERE be loaded on a van and taken back to the shipper.

I don't know if they were feeding the transmission on the way here or how exactly it gained five pounds.

UPS is without a doubt the worst large scale delivery service on the planet these days.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
248 pounds, per the UPS scale in Houston Texas upon shipping (with likely about 10 lbs of packing material and box)

Then for some ungodly reason, 253 pounds upon arrival in Omaha, which prompted the total morons at UPS on the receiving end to refuse to put it on a van and deliver it.

Instead they were going to load it back onto a freight semi, send it all the way back to Houston, where it would THERE be loaded on a van and taken back to the shipper.

I don't know if they were feeding the transmission on the way here or how exactly it gained five pounds.

UPS is without a doubt the worst large scale delivery service on the planet these days.
Weird, i wonder if that extra ~49lbs of weight are the modifications they did to yours? I'm sure there are variances in the case thickness etc... mine was right around 200 dry.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
..well I had the front end up, changing the oil & filter, . Couldn't really see any obstructions to get to the trans, so that's a plus , I guess..

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
..well I had the front end up, changing the oil & filter, . Couldn't really see any obstructions to get to the trans, so that's a plus , I guess..
This is the Godsend here...

It is for threads like the above one that I hope and pray SRTforums is always around. I'd be so lost without much of the info here.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
This is the Godsend here...

It is for threads like the above one that I hope and pray SRTforums is always around. I'd be so lost without much of the info here.
amen!

granted i've pulled the motor and trans out enough now i dont need instructions... but i hope this forum never goes away! so much invaluable information and knowledge would be lost.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts