Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous owner I guess tried removing the engine mount the hex style one that goes into the frame and stripped the hex. I need to do the timing belt is there any trick to remove it.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Previous owner I guess tried removing the engine mount the hex style one that goes into the frame and stripped the hex. I need to do the timing belt is there any trick to remove it.
Get the next size up torx, a big hammer, an extension and a manual impact driver. Assmeble the torx, small extension and impact set the impact to the center position and it wont rotate.. then bash the new torx into the bolt head cutting a new pattern into the head of the bolt. once they are deep enough turn the handle of the impact so that it will remove the bolt. once it starts turning, use a ratchet. if that doesnt work. theres the weld another bolt to it trick. and the cut it with a sawall and replace the whole plate trick.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about cutting the bolt i between the engine and frame and pulling the mount for the motor and the engine mount on the frame and then using a pair of vice grips to remove the rest of the bolt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts