Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys just bought a 04 srt4 and it's having electrical issues the cluster going crazy the left blinker comes and goes. The car won't stay on unless I force it and literally redline the sucker which I hate I think it's bad for the car. Everytime I turn on my gauges (the guy before me set it up to where I have to manually turn them with my head lights) or the ac the car automatically dies. I changed the coil pack wires spark plugs gapped at .28. I checked the battery alternator starter all good. I checked all ground wires all fuses. Really don't know what it could be. Also having problems on finding good axels since from what I've read here and from experience the local part stores suck I've went thru 3 literally half the parts for this car are discontinued don't wanna spend 800 on the Gator ones heard nothing but bad news.
Should probably include my mods I have the agp big turbo package 50mm trim
1025cc injectors walbro255 fuel pump ect.. car makes about 380 hp tuned by 360 duster 91 and e85

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
did you check the pcm ground inner fender well, near the fuse box and the ones to the core support..
also add a ground from cylinder head to top strut bolt.

remove hit with a wire brush to expose clean metal reconnect..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't I'll check when I get home. Sucks I just got the car 2 months ago it's been sitting for a month

·
Super Moderator
15,927 Posts
The multifunction switch (blinker switch) is well known for causing a lot of problems. Interestingly enough, it's one item that is actually higher quality to purchase aftermarket from Autozone than the factory one was.

If you do what fixit recommended and it isn't helping, may want to see about changing out that multifunction switch.

***EDIT: after closer reading, not sure if what you are describing would be the switch, however seems it could potentially be bad wiring hacks by previous owner?

·
Registered
734 Posts
you can perform a self test of the instrument cluster. when the car is off, push and hold the tripmeter reset button and turn the ignition on, then release the button. that will cause all of the lights to come on and the meter scales to min, mid, max. and the big gauges to run a slightly different routine.

If the pci bus is taken down, or the 5V ref, weird shit results. if the computers main ground goes out or has increased resistance weid shit results.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts