Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 srt4 that i recently bought it's a stage 2 but car was sitting for about 3 years it has agp big turbo and the few times I've took the car out and hit the gas it cuts off at about 4.5-5k rpm kinda like if it hits a limiter. The car has a AFR gauge and it idles at around 16.0 which i know is too lean but I've searched for air leaks or any vacuum leaks I've looked for fixes on here but nothing seems to help. Any idea why the car is the way it is. The car is exactly how I bought it so I'm not familiar with the setup.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have a 2004 srt4 that i recently bought it's a stage 2 but car was sitting for about 3 years it has agp big turbo and the few times I've took the car out and hit the gas it cuts off at about 4.5-5k rpm kinda like if it hits a limiter. The car has a AFR gauge and it idles at around 16.0 which i know is too lean but I've searched for air leaks or any vacuum leaks I've looked for fixes on here but nothing seems to help. Any idea why the car is the way it is. The car is exactly how I bought it so I'm not familiar with the setup.
My car had a similar problem, the fuel filter/pressure regulator was bad.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried putting a new fuel pressure regulator but didn't make a difference. at about 4500 rpm to 5000 rpm it sounds like if it hits a rev limiter .
I recorded it but it's a little hard to hear.
At idle it's at about 16.5 AFR and at WOT it's about 13
Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
589 Posts
I tried putting a new fuel pressure regulator but didn't make a difference. at about 4500 rpm to 5000 rpm it sounds like if it hits a rev limiter .
I recorded it but it's a little hard to hear.
At idle it's at about 16.5 AFR and at WOT it's about 13
Any suggestions would be appreciated
those numbers are extremely bad.

what are your fuel trims?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is exactly what my car is doing and it's at the same AFR as this maybe the same problem?

·
Registered
74 Posts
What are the codes.

·
Registered
589 Posts
This is exactly what my car is doing and it's at the same AFR as this maybe the same problem?

pull the codes.
what are your fuel trims.
what does your upstream 02 sensor see?
Is there an exhaust leak ahead of your WB02, if so it will not show you correct results

exhaust leaks can be found by taping a shop vac that has the hose on the exhaust port, so it blows.. to one of the exhaust pipes,blocking the other one and spraying around the joints with soapy water. you should find any leak that way pretty quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts