Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
am trying to decide if chopped top would look good on that or not.. or a increased slant to windshield.. either way it goes.. more aggressive slant, or chopped top.. still doesn't flow in with the hood in my mind..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
am trying to decide if chopped top would look good on that or not.. or a increased slant to windshield.. either way it goes.. more aggressive slant, or chopped top.. still doesn't flow in with the hood in my mind..
i'm way ahead of you. the rear glass will be laid down to match the angle of the trunk. something i mentioned earlier on in the thread
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
i have always intended to construct a rear wing for the car. but i came up with this instead. it had a contour close to the lancer's trunk lid. so i trimmed away at the outer skin until had what was required. then with a little manipulation it soon conformed easily to the deck lid. here it is tacked in place for an initial look'

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
now that the top of the deck lid is in primer,i flipped it over to do a little bodywork on the underside to conseal the graft. and applied some epoxy primer.remember the remnents of the crossfire hatch? well i took what was left of the skeleton and trimmed it down to a nice filler plug for the back side of the lancer's lid. a few little patches will be made to fill the gaps. but when welded in it will look as if it was made that way in 1962.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
268 Posts
Curious to know if there's been any progress on this in the last year. My LS6 Supra project is on hold due to relocating across the country, so I'm revisiting my earlier plans for an A853 Starion swap.

Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
mini tubs are on the agenda at the moment. this will make room for a wider tire. i started by exposing the spot welds around the pinch flange of the floor area. then drilled the welds out. next i sliced the inner portion of the wheelhouse out. now it was time to remove a two inch floor section and trim the top outer flange of the rear rail. after that i was able to recess the the cut out floor section inward two inches, and weld it to the rear rail.once this was accomplished the inner wheelhouse was fitted into place and welded back to the floor pinch weld flange. now a two inch steel strip was added to fill in the gap and welded.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts