Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i am beginning a new career, i have started to think about a vehicle i would like to upgrade to eventually. of course it has to have a SRT somewhere in it's name hah. for along while i have reallly been sold on the charger srt8. but recently i have been drawn to the magnum srt-8. what is your guy's opinion?

charger srt-8

pros:
1. quite possibly the most bad ass front end of a vehicle in production
2. looks the most reminecent (sp) of a muscle car of the two
3. fast as fuck

cons:
1. Back end design seems somewhat uninspired.
2. $2000 gas tax :stab:
3. optioned out the way i want it, its pushing $43k

Magnum Srt-8

pros:
1. a little less commonly seen out of all the srt8's
2. probalby the most practicle of the srt8s (cargo)
3. No gas tax
4. optioned out the way i want it, pushing $39k, a lil less than charger

cons:
1. Even though it looks badass in it's own right, it doesnt look quite as asskicking as the charger
2. it is a wagon, so i guess sometimes that could be somewhat bad.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
i'd either wait for the challenger, or get the magnum. Whats wrong with a wagon? In gran turismo 3, i would always get the wagon imprezza and womp on my friends, and then tell them "you got spanked by the pussy wagon"

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thirteens420k said:
i'd either wait for the challenger, or get the magnum. Whats wrong with a wagon? In gran turismo 3, i would always get the wagon imprezza and womp on my friends, and then tell them "you got spanked by the pussy wagon"

i do like the challenger, but its hard to get too excited about a car that doenst exsist yet. and with rumors about its arrival varyin from 07 to 09, i dont know if i want to wait that long. nothin wrong with a wagon, just sometimes it feels a little wierd to be in my 20s and wanting to drive a wagon

·
Registered
770 Posts
rockstr3 said:
as i am beginning a new career, i have started to think about a vehicle i would like to upgrade to eventually. of course it has to have a SRT somewhere in it's name hah. for along while i have reallly been sold on the charger srt8. but recently i have been drawn to the magnum srt-8. what is your guy's opinion?

charger srt-8

pros:
1. quite possibly the most bad ass front end of a vehicle in production
2. looks the most reminecent (sp) of a muscle car of the two
3. fast as fuck

cons:
1. Back end design seems somewhat uninspired.
2. $2000 gas tax :stab:
3. optioned out the way i want it, its pushing $43k

Magnum Srt-8

pros:
1. a little less commonly seen out of all the srt8's
3. No gas tax
4. optioned out the way i want it, pushing $39k, a lil less than charger

cons:
1. Even though it looks badass in it's own right, it doesnt look quite as asskicking as the charger
2. it is a wagon, so i guess sometimes that could be somewhat bad.

Having driven all the SRTs, the Magnum is nicer inside than the Charger, but if you can get the Charger & Magnum for less than $40K, I would grab a Cherokee - those things are FUN!
But if you want a car, I like the looks of the Charger better than the Magnum, but there is something to be said for a kick-butt wagon!

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
connermt said:
Having driven all the SRTs, the Magnum is nicer inside than the Charger,
But its the same interior, isnt it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cherokee SRT-8

1. Fast as HELL!!!
2. AWD
3. If you can find one, they should be in same price range.
4. In my oppinion, looks better, and interior is better.
5. Drive it wherever you want (snow, rain, Mountains, etc. etc.)

·
Registered
242 Posts
JUSTA_NEON said:
Cherokee SRT-8

1. Fast as HELL!!!
2. AWD
3. If you can find one, they should be in same price range.
4. In my oppinion, looks better, and interior is better.
5. Drive it wherever you want (snow, rain, Mountains, etc. etc.)

Good points there- Go for the Jeep :thumbsup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'd definately go for the Jeep. Mainly because i can't stand what dodge did with the charger. Seriously, how can you take a 2 door striped out muscle car from the 60's-70's and turn it into a 4-door sedan and still give it the same name badge? The challenger is looking promising though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
193 Posts
rockstr3 said:
Magnum Srt-8
pros:
You think it has more cargo space than the Jeep? Maybe it does. I haven't driven a magnum. But I doubt it. That Jeep has great space inside.

And I think you're missing one major thing on your "cons" lists. They all come with slushboxes. I just can't look at a slushbox car as a sportscar. I did buy a car with an automatic once... I sold it a few months later. The only reason I'd ever buy another is if I knew I could make money by selling it again like I did that one. I definitely wouldn't buy one to drive. But if you can get over that fact, go for it. They are good looking cars, and I know the Jeep (not one of your picks, but probably similar) is very smooth and refined.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for your imput guys, keep it coming.

try to focus on the charger vs magnum debate. i dont really want a jeep srt8. i think its cool as hell, but just dont want an suv. i could get over the whole automatic transmission thing, so that isnt much of an issue.

keep your imputs comin

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
myself personally if I had to choose I would go with the srt-8 charger... but seriously THE JEEP OWNS!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts