Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my insurance company, and the SRT is listed with them. Got the rate quote which wasn't too bad. Of course I'm 48 w/no tickets or accidents, so it may be worse for the younger drivers. :)

They had 2 different VIN numbers, so the side airbag version must list differently:

1B3AS66X*3
1B3ES66X*3

If this is old information, I apologize for the repetition.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
jesus, welcome to LAST YEAR!!! j/k. thanks for the info. how much were you quoted so we can get an idea?

i guess the a stands for Airbags, im guessing.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ROFL.....

Actually, it was a quote for multiple vehicles, so I don't have a number on the SRT alone. I'll call them back and get the exact figure.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It gets a little confusing because I am dropping my son's MR2 with liability only, adding him as the driver of my ACR with full coverage, and adding the SRT with full coverage.

But for what it's worth, it adds $464 every 6 months to my policy.

It's a pretty high quote since my son is only 17.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well less then $100 a month is ok by me.

now we just have to see what telebofh has to pay. how old are you telebofh?

·
Registered
41 Posts
22, 23 in April. 1 ticket on my record but that should be gone by now, I will ask. Going to call them when I get home, 3PM central

·
Registered
39 Posts
Talked to my agent today

Before:
'98 R/T full coverage ~ $95 a month

After:
'98 R/T liability Only + SRT-4 full coverage ~ $110 a month

I also carry renters insurance through them.

Age : 23, 1 ticket for "failure to control" (squelling tires), no accidents

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i just got off the phone with my agent at nationwide, and they said it isnt in the system yet. they told me that they needed the 17 digit VIN and that 1B3ES66X*3 isnt good enough for a quote.

does anyone know the 17 digit VIN for one without airbags. jg? go get the VIN from one of those parked cars! :lol:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Progressive Insurance/PA

I have Progressive here in PA and it was enough of a V.I.N. to weasel a quote out of 'em today. Happily, adding the SRT-4 and subtracting my '94 Nissan pick up only added about $69/year to my policy. :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
SRT vins for 2003 model will be 1B3ES66S53Dxxxxxx . The last 6 are a serial number that are vehicle specific. Using 3D999999 or 3D111111 should allow them to look up the information.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
doesnt work.

put in 1B3ES66S53D000059 as the vin.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Do I look like Geico?!?! (Just kidding...)

NoisufnoC said:
What do you think it would be for a 18 year old male, clean driving record, that pays 75/month for a 97 Sport Coupe?
Not to be mean or anything, but why don't you call your insurance company and find out? Insurance premiums vary DRASTICALLY person to person depending on a ton of variables.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
14 Participants
Jome20
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing