1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
older one maybe but not an 03'

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You beat me too it i was just going to say the same thing...It is possible versus a N/A mustang but once you get to boosted stangs that is where we will have to back down at least in the stock form...But it appears taht the SRT-4 takes very well to mods and slicks... (12.9 ATP car)...So stock to stock older stang YES Stock To Stock Blown Stang NO....My .002

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
93civEJ1 said:
I talked to a guy last night that said from about a 40mph roll he ate up a SVT mustang.. is this highly possible? I dont know yet.. ive just been able to see one and sit in one.... still waiting for mine to come my way.
Depending on what year. With the 03 SVT Cobra, the answer is no and he will see why on the first 100 feet.

Older ones he might due to the lower HP and heavier car.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
93civEJ1 said:
I talked to a guy last night that said from about a 40mph roll he ate up a SVT mustang.. is this highly possible? I dont know yet.. ive just been able to see one and sit in one.... still waiting for mine to come my way.
With a 96-98MY Cobra it could be very possble, relatively they weren't very quick. Best year of Cobra ever made, 1993, they're just beautiful cars.

-faast

·
Registered
295 Posts
what the ...???

trust me the oler svt's are sweet stangs, an srt-4 vs an OLDER stang SVT with a shitty driver sure, but the new svt 2003 NO WAY!!!! that car does lo 12/s and o-60 of 4.5's all day long. On a great day an srt-4 could not even touch it !! thats 100% BS whoever claimed that

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
My friend has a 99' SVT Cobra(pullies) and i ran him from a 40 mph roll to see how bad he might beat me but it wasn't TOO bad. But he does pull on me in third gear...and once he hits 4th he pulls a bit harder...but he doesn't beat me silly :) and once i get some mods he's screweed!

·
Registered
243 Posts
93civEJ1 said:
No. Even the non-supercharged Mustang Cobras will walk away rather quickly from an SRT-4 from a roll ay any speed. Your friend is lying.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah I'm the cobra owner hybrid is talking about, I walk him pretty hard with just pullies and no tires.. basically it's based on weather... we we're in some cold weather for a bit.. we haven't run again since but I'm getting some triple fives soon and we'll have an update shortly.. even though we won't go from a launch :twisted:

·
Registered
29 Posts
If any srt driver is around massachusetts or conneticut I'll give him/her a ride in exchange for a ride in their car. I'm down in florida right now, but i'll be up in MA/CT April 17th-20th

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
dude if you can reach Gary Donovan hes in Connecticut and has an SRT4 plus a garage full of other worthy Turbo Dodges. BTW this is the guy with the 10sec K car :twisted: :twisted: www.relentlessracing.com

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
:roll: come on here. anything is possible in racing. it is possible for any car to beat any other car. no one knows what happened... maybe it was an automatic, or he missed a shift. :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
It also has a supercharger

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Rides..

Blades said:
If any srt driver is around massachusetts or conneticut I'll give him/her a ride in exchange for a ride in their car. I'm down in florida right now, but i'll be up in MA/CT April 17th-20th
I'm in CT but don't know for sure if I'll be around on the 17-20th. Throw a PM my way if your still wanting to swap rides. You can drive mine if I can drive yours! :lol:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Older Cobras slow? Perhaps you've never heard of the early 90's Cobra's, but I can assure you they'll roll out your SRT's. Like I said earlier, a 96-98 Cobra might be possible but any year before that when they had the 5.0 or 1999+ Cobras will roll your ass out.

-faast

·
Registered
18 Posts
Slow5OH said:
Older Cobras slow? Perhaps you've never heard of the early 90's Cobra's, but I can assure you they'll roll out your SRT's. Like I said earlier, a 96-98 Cobra might be possible but any year before that when they had the 5.0 or 1999+ Cobras will roll your ass out.

-faast
The only "early '90's Cobra" (US Spec) was the '93 (since the '94 and '95 are mid-90's).

'93 Cobras were rated at 235 hp @ 4600 rpm and 280 lbs.-ft. @ 4000 rpm.

'94-'95 kept the 5.0L but switched from the Fox body to the SN-95 body. They were rated at 240 hp @ 4800 rpm and 285 lbs.-ft. @ 4000 rpm and are slower than the '93 or any '96+ Cobra. They pack an almost identical motor to the fox-bodied Cobra, but they also added on a couple of hundred pounds of weight.

'96-'98 Cobras switched to the 4.6L 4V motor rated at 305 hp @ 5800 rpm
and 300 lbs.-ft. @ 4800 rpm.

'99 and '01 Cobras (when they worked out the hp issues) were rated at 320 hp @ 6000 rpm and 317 lbs.-ft. @ 4750 rpm.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Blade

Hey blade, I live in Mass. My roomate and I are obsessed with the new 03 Cobra. I'd love to meet up just for a ride in that thing, but since you asked to switch cars I'll let you drive my daily driver. Its a badass 1996 Isuzu Rodeo 5 Speed. 0-60 in about 11 seconds, and 1/4 mile...well i don't know! :lol: But seriously, i'd love to meet up sometime, probably closer to the summer when its nice if its cool. Let me know!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
17 Participants
ILUVPower
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing