Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
6,407 Posts
You need it to be heavy for traction issues..

Get lighter wheels .. sure youll have better high end acceleration..but youll just burn up the tires and sit at the light in first gear.. ! !

:oops:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
you have to give the other cars a chance.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I don't think that's real heavy. Michelin makes heavy tires last I knew.

·
Registered
726 Posts
modernceo said:
You need it to be heavy for traction issues..

Get lighter wheels .. sure youll have better high end acceleration..but youll just burn up the tires and sit at the light in first gear.. ! !

:oops:
No kidding...if the wheels were any lighter, I wouldn't have made it through this mornings snowfall to work. This car isn't a big fan of snow with the factory wheels/tires in the first place. Snow & slush traction is almost nonexistant.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hmm... I thought from previous posts that lighter was better. Now I'm confused. Should I look for heavy rims? What else can be done for better traction?

Also, if I get new rims, what width should I get? 7 in? What would be the best width tire to get?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
drolander said:
Hmm... I thought from previous posts that lighter was better. Now I'm confused. Should I look for heavy rims? What else can be done for better traction?

Also, if I get new rims, what width should I get? 7 in? What would be the best width tire to get?

Thanks,
Dan
You only go lighter when you have a LSD unit (traction). However, light rims when installing a LSD will provided addtional HP at the wheel and less rotational mass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing