Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 240 Posts

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
RobertV said:
Rambit asked my ? about the brakes on our beloved SRT8s.

Two items that puzzle me about my Magnum SRT8:
1) Are there any plans to update the tranny/traction control program? I am not referring to the TSBs to fix certain shifting issues, but would love to get a more agressive shifting program. A recent magazine test compared the MSRT8 to the E55 AMG stated that the tranny was the same, but the programming is not. Would there ever be a chance that the SRT8s could get the same program as the E55 AMG? (I know this is a long shot, but I had to ask.)
2) The width of the tires on these beasts is so easy to over power with the 6.1. Is there any reason why we have 245 fr & 255 rr and not wider?

Just wanted to thank you all for such a wonderful product at this price point!!
The trans cal was specifically done for that vehicle.

Larger tires do not fit properly in the wheel well.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Randomsrt said:
Is it safe to remove the plastic peice on the SRT-4 hood scoop there has been alot of talk about it on here but no one knows for sure
It is safe to remove, no sweat! Might not look as great.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
SRTengineers said:
P0888 is a transmission relay is off. If you are seeing this, I would not worry about it. The manual transmission has no P codes set against it.
I know it doesn't effect the performance of the car, but the dang emissions computer still sees it as a trouble code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
no Kicker option or HID lights for GCSRT8?

I feel left out with no kicker option or HID option for the jeep srt8. any reasoning behind this? maybe a mopar option in the future?

why have the adjustable pedals been removed from the SRT jeep?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman931

Sorry...my brother has a Heffner Twin Turbo ("TT")....he had mentioned if Mopar offered a Kit...he would have gotten it...thats all...Just wonderin....

Overall, we just feel the TD05 is better all around

Isn't the TDo5 our turbo....I meant for a SRT-10?? Think you misunderstood the question...Or Im confused....Have there ever been plans for a, Just for an example...a Stage 3 Kit turbo..for an SRT-10

·
Banned
279 Posts
Final question I hope...

If there was one thing you would have liked to have done differently in the SRT design, what would it have been? (context of SRT-4)

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
jayman931 said:
Do you know if the SRT Track Experience will be put on again..(with the new vehicles)..it was a blast!!! Did you go to any of them...
Yes, the first two events of 2006 are posted on the web - www.srttrackexperience.com - more will follow as the schedule is set for 2006. We will be running the Track Experience throughout 2006 at tracks all over the country.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Noodlez said:
is the manifold one piece to shave cost or is there a performance gain? and just for kicks why didnt you guys run the vnt turbo again?
The intake manifold was designed to optimise the same air flow to each cylinder.
Plastic intakes are very expensive to tool. Thus Aluminum and alunimum is quieter for NVH.
VNT turbos are an advantage with smaller engines to keep the turbo spun up. They are more expensive and are not as robust for long term durability.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
sc_trojan said:
I feel left out with no kicker option or HID option for the jeep srt8. any reasoning behind this? maybe a mopar option in the future?

why have the adjustable pedals been removed from the SRT jeep?
The current audio is pretty nice, but a Kicker would be better... then again we don't comment on future product.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
302_snake said:
Before you go, I was talking about stock 2004 stage 1 injector vs using stage 2 injectors.

I was talking aboout a Water injection kit, activated around 15psi.

thanks
The Stage 2 injector has a higher flow rate at 682 cc.min. The 2004 Stage 1 has a flow rate of 577 cc.min. If you are using the lower flow injectors on the stage 2 you won't hurt anything, but you won't get all the perf.

We call it a water sprayer kit. Injection to us implies into the fuel system!

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
SRTengineers said:
You are talking to the guys and gals who build the best iron on the planet..............
Its always nice to know names, especially those who took part in the great car we drive. We know who Ethan Bayer and Stephen Zweidler are because they frequent this board often.

I don't understand your reasoning for not sharing your names but ok...

·
Registered
14 Posts
This has to do with the SRT-4.

On the side of the engine head there is a threaded plug that many people use to mount the sensor for an oil pressure gauge. Is this safe? Will it give an accurate reading?

Brian

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
phillysrt4 said:
Final question I hope...

If there was one thing you would have liked to have done differently in the SRT design, what would it have been? (context of SRT-4)
We got exactly what we wanted. Just wish we could have done it a couple years earlier!

201 - 220 of 240 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.