Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im trading in my car now and im planning on taking out a 04 Gt or an 04 Srt.I cant decide.I really like em both.What would u guys go for?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tough descision. I like both as well. But I also beat a new mustang (4 times actually)the other day @ the track who had gears and an exhaust. 14.8 to my 14.2. But it sure sounded good. What about a Mach 1? That would be nice.

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
I would avoid the 04 mustangs.. just being that the new 05's are going to be out soon..

so if your into the mustang.. wait because the 04's will be so dam cheap due to the body style change.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I am with Fast Attack on this. Wait until they release pricing on the '05s, then decide what you want to do. If they put the '05 GTs under 25k, your going to be really pissed off you could have had a 300hp ('05 GT) car for near the same price as a 260hp ('04 GT), or even a 230hp car (SRT)

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
04 srt no question and I have owned 3 stangs . the only stang I would buy over the srt4 is the new cobra,but it costs at least another $10,000. The 05 stang might be cool but dont know much about it.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Deep_Sleeper13 said:
Hey im trading in my car now and im planning on taking out a 04 Gt or an 04 Srt.I cant decide.I really like em both.What would u guys go for?
I would only consider the Cobra or posssibly the Mach1.......... but even at that Mustangs are a dime a dozen, EVERYWHERE you look you see one. I bet I saw 20 just yesterday afternoon (and a short trip at that).

Seriously Mustangs are just to "common" to want anymore.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Romans8:28 said:
I would only consider the Cobra or posssibly the Mach1.......... but even at that Mustangs are a dime a dozen, EVERYWHERE you look you see one. I bet I saw 20 just yesterday afternoon (and a short trip at that).

Seriously Mustangs are just to "common" to want anymore.
How much Hp are u at with all these mods?Or better yet track times?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Stage one I got used for 220. Yeah, boost went from 11-13 to 14-17. Maybe not as much as a difference on an '04.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
85 gt ,91 with a 351 edelbrock heads and intake ran high 11's still have and for sale has fresh motor and tranny ,and 95 cobra .all manal tran

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Deep_Sleeper13 said:
How much Hp are u at with all these mods?Or better yet track times?
Average pull 266 hp

Best time 13:32 @ 106.37

Performance is only part of the choice...... Mustangs are fast and good to mod, but they are EVERYWHERE you look.

The only way I could own one is with heavy visual modification to make it stand out

·
Registered
97 Posts
i saw a 04 cobra in the paper for $24800 the other day which is very tempting.the thing is srt4,s are seen as kids cars(im 39)and mustangs are seen as older performance people but its hard to beat the bang for the buck of the srt4.but that is a great price of the used cobra

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
myfault said:
i see maybe 1 or 2 03/04 cobras a month and maybe 5 or so mach 1's a month....
and i live in houston....
I do see fewer (obviously Cobras and mach1's) than GT's but there still way to many......... ,Maybe its an NC thing but they swarm around here like bees or cockroaches or some other pest

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wait till the 05's come out, test drive it, then make your decision. I seen a silver 05 at the new york car show and I told myself I'd wait for it, but im happy with my srt. Tough choice though.

·
Registered
412 Posts
um go get that cobra those things are bad ass if it is in real good shape and is really an 04 stang that is a huge bang for the buck
and on another note my 03 didnt gain any boost from stage one it did from the new waste gate and i am happy for now running 12.73 at 106 i hate fourth gear on these cars

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
As far as rareity goes Mustangs are no more common than a Neon. Sorry but it's true.

Exclusiveness isn't going to be a big sell point on either of these two cars.

But wait for the 05s to hit the market. All the people that have driven them are saying they are light years better than the 04 models over all.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts