Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from a local dealer today and they said they had a SRT in. I went down there and fell in love.
There was a beautiful yellow SRT sitting there. The dealer let me sit inside and I love the seats, they fit me perfect.
He didnt start it because "It hasnt been prepped yet"
Well all was well until I saw the sticker....
The markup was $2000 for a total price of $22,995.
I told him he was crazy, "lots of people have bought them for msrp or even less", I told him.
he laughed, but he believed me as we talked more, I told him msrp or I walk.
So saturday me and the wife are going to look at it together and go from there, maybe it will happen......I hope for now....

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
they are trying to squeeze the extra bucks cause I KNOW for a fact they make good money even at MSRP :wink:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He said 2k markup but I was just so excited to actually see an SRT I just seen the $22,995 and assumed it was 2k.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Damn bastards 3k mark up......

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is at Empire I assume? I may have to check that out ;) Do they have it inside or on the lot? Just the one?

VV

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not empire, I wouldnt buy anything there, ever. they try to rip you off.
This was at Triad Dodge in winston.
This is the only dealer that replyed to my emails, I sent out about 10 or so to dealers around wilkes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they only have 1 yellow, he said that a silver one was on the way, he said that they are only getting 3 for the year.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that when I cruised through the lot :p I would think they will get more than 3. Sounds like the dealer trying to get you to make the move, but who knows. If I had to choose paying from paying $3k over sticker 50 miles away or paying $150 for a plane ticket to pick one up on florida at or below sticker.......well....there really isn't a choice to me.

VV

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I have been thinking. I would still be saving money to go to FL and pick one up, it would be broke in when I get back.
I am still going saturday to see what he will do, if not at sticker I will tell him SEE YA!
I might still go to FL, cos these guys up in this area will be jacking the price up no matter what.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I went saturday to take my wife, she loved it, I loved it my little girl loved it. The dealer wouldnt budge on the mark up. I still haggled with them to no avail.
They had already gotten there 3 in, the last one was yellow, dealer said someone was interested in it. I taught well let them for 3k over msrp.
It really pissed me off, that they wouldnt move any lower.
Well as soon as finances get straighten out I guess I will go to FL or another state thats selling for msrp.
They wouldnt let me test drive since it was their last one..........damn it.........

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got mine in NC For MSRP. I drove back to my old hometown in Hendersonville, and the dealer I used to work for hooked me up.

Charlotte dealers are sticking together on thier "mark up"

Hold you ground, they will cut deals when all settels down

Chuktang

1 - 12 of 12 Posts