1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
article says 5 speed auto...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmmm. I would really like to see the production appearance, specifically that "subtle spoiler" they illuded to in the article. I'm still crossing my fingers that the lower 10% of the car will look exactly the same as the concept.

I hope to hell those aren't the rims they will use. Cough ... ack ... gag. May as well just call them pimpers. (play on words from the old Shelby Dodge 16 inch rims that were refered to as "pumpers") They look more like someting someone from the "inner city" would pick up at the local Belle Tire, if you catch my drift.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Frantic Apathy said:
Hmmm. I would really like to see the production appearance, specifically that "subtle spoiler" they illuded to in the article. I'm still crossing my fingers that the lower 10% of the car will look exactly the same as the concept.

I hope to hell those aren't the rims they will use. Cough ... ack ... gag. May as well just call them pimpers. (play on words from the old Shelby Dodge 16 inch rims that were refered to as "pumpers") They look more like someting someone from the "inner city" would pick up at the local Belle Tire, if you catch my drift.
They put those black rims on all of their test vehicles.

·
Registered
26,333 Posts
I was told yes. More than one source.

However, the engineers were testing the T-56 manual in the SRT version and now seeing the current setup, I don't know the whys or how come, but it would leave me to opt for another car. As with not using the AWD in the SRT brand line with my 2003 quotes. Seeing the production assembly updates, you see the AWD unit being added. The word just keeps changing over a small period of developmental schedule for a reason.

With a mythological retro car view, autos and muscle cars are not in my future purchase.

·
Registered
437 Posts
hemidakota said:
George, who was passing that word?

At SEMA, I had spoken to at least three of the SRT engineers about using a manual. The only one that I am aware of is the Magnum and 300.
I've heard it from several sources. And believe me, it's the one question I keep asking, because I want a 6.1/manual trans LX very badly.

Most recently, a DCX transmission engineer popped up on Allpar a few weeks back and posted a bunch of goodies. He was quite clear that NO LX would have a manual transmission. He said the company is moving toward using Audi-style SMGs widely, but that that wouldn't appear in the RWD cars until the LX's replacement (around 2010-2011).

·
Registered
13,216 Posts
i like those wheels on the srt magnum. i wouldnt mind them on a magnum

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.