Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenver it rains, my inside floor mats get SOAKED, I mean like I put my foot down and the mats are squishy from the water. I know im not tracking it in because I was driving and it starting raining so I started felling my floor mats and I could feel them at every stoplight getting more and more wet. Its been to the dealer 4 times already for this, the last time I called they said "next time our leak guy is in we will call you" this was 2 weeks ago, Hurricane bitch just came through and my car is a fucking pool again. Is this grounds for a lemon law? Im about to smack my service guy in the face and demand they replace this fucking car and put all my mods on the new one for free.

If not im going to have to get my family involved (my step-dad is a corporate lawyer, im sure he knows a lemon law guy) and I hate getting my family involved.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didnt think so, thanks for the fast reply...
man this sucks

I bought a Lemon RSX-S(3 trannys in 11 months...)
now I MIGHT have a lemon SRT-4, god hates me, im just buying a fucking bike, ill peddle my ass around.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey, I actrully have a friend that his "ac is broken and leaks into his cabin". Thats what the dealership told him. We took both our cars out this morning to go do Auto X and it was raining and guess what in the morning vac dry and when we got out there 15 min drive Soaked!(AC was never used). It just got worse, I will say it is much fun taking out cones :eveilgrin :rofl: . Plus I actrully placed 2 out of our class, fun stuff. But sorry to hear you have the same prob Im sure there some more, I doubt theres only 2 out there.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well shit, Im checking with a lemon law lawyer tommorow. What color should I get next =P

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
actually, there have been posts about this in the past. the cause had been faulty strips @ windows.

i have experienced this as well on rainy days, no ac use. next day or after work, etc, the car is very humid & under the mats i see condensation. only happens during rain, never on a hot day when i run AC.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well im not going to let the dealer try AGAIN to get this taken care of. Its horse shit because they say its fixed, when I see nothing new done to the car, no new stripping or anything so I feel they are just letting it sit around, spraying a hose on it, then saying its done.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
it's tough fixing probs yourself, let alone someone who doesnt own the car, even tho they are techs.

stay the course. you have a warranty. it came with the sticker price, so you paid for warranty & we should use it when we need to & when it's legitimate

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I might have the solution. My bro's truck (DODGE) does the same thing and it is the a/c overflow that gets plugged and causes it to leak inside the car. Check to see if the water comes out when turning and it will come out on the passenger side floor heater duct. Just a thought. Don't know if it is the same way for our SRT's but his truck is a 1999 and it just started having this problem at 120,000miles. They initially thought it was the heater core but now they fixed that at $1000 and the problem was still there. They now clean the a/c overflow tube out regularly but have yet to replace anything. It seems to work o.k for only a week or two and then starts leaking again.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its not the from the A/C I am 100% positive of that, I never use it.

·
"Made" Member
75,380 Posts
Okay, this is what I was told.

There is a TSB for this somewhere.

It leaks because there is a joint underhood that is lacking some sealing material. Guy
at my dealership told me it would be a 15 minute fix.

I was riding in my passenger seat, and it was raining. I had my feet way up under
the dash. No AC. I could feel it dripping on my feet. Was intermittent. I could reach
up under the dash, and feel the wetness up inside the dash. This is not an AC problem.

Does anyone know how to check TSB's?

~castrol

·
Registered
76 Posts
castrol said:
Okay, this is what I was told.

There is a TSB for this somewhere.

It leaks because there is a joint underhood that is lacking some sealing material. Guy
at my dealership told me it would be a 15 minute fix.

I was riding in my passenger seat, and it was raining. I had my feet way up under
the dash. No AC. I could feel it dripping on my feet. Was intermittent. I could reach
up under the dash, and feel the wetness up inside the dash. This is not an AC problem.

Does anyone know how to check TSB's?

~castrol
this is true,alot of the neons leak where the "cowl" is located..its a 10-15 minuted fix

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its coming in on the drivers side only from what seems the middle of the area. I dont know I am confused, we just talked to my dealership and it was basically this "If its not fixed this time, your giving us a new car one way or another"

they will hate us now, but whatever, there are 4 dealerships in this area =)

·
Registered
441 Posts
En-glaived, how many times has the car been in for this issue?

Just curious, cause my srt-4 leaked water from the top of the windshield but it was really minor and they fixed it no problem

Second, Good luck tryin to get a new car from Chrysler. My car is about to go in for the 8th time for a sever bucking/mis-fire issue and they wont give me the time of day, im just gettin thrown under the bus. I talked to a couple lawyers but they all want money up front that i dont have so im just gonna keep bringing it back.

If you want a car without problems, buy something other than a Chrysler product.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
mine was getting wet in the rear floor area, i found that one of the plugs in the floor board had no sealer around it, just undercoating sprayed over it, took out the plug and used black rtv sealer on it and all is dry now

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine leaked bad too but only when it was parked on a slight to moderate sloped driveway. I'd get in the car after it rained and just after I got the car to level ground the flood of water came. I could here it rushing into the a/c area then to the floorboard. I too took it to the dealer with little luck. They thought they had it fixed but no luck. I found if I roll VERY slowley back out of the driveway the water somehow gets drained properly. There must be an area where the water is gathering then once I go down the driveway it's so much water the normal drain gets overwelhmed.

Randall

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.