Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:flame: You either have no power or your wheels spin. BOOOOOOOOOOOO! It is just frustrating being my car is my daily driver. (Venting)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
my first gear is fine, it does exactly what it's supposed to do when i tell it to do it...

·
Registered
232 Posts
lol. i see his point tho. i try to launch at a half-decent rpm, get the grab and roll into 2nd as soon as i can. ever watch any videos of srt4gurl (or whatever her name was)? i saw a couple where it was obvious she wanted 2nd gear asap, and it paid off. you just cant floor right away if youre shifting like that, but then again our cars do have a range and imho they like a quick steady increase to about 3/4 of the pedal, with just a little push before shifting into the next gear. remember, gotta put that little extra back into extraordinary.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You have to launch low, i was launching at about 1500-1700 rpm and then feathered 1st with about 70-80% open throttle untill you shift out of first, once second gear caught it was smash and go.

If you are haveing problems with wheel hop or traction look in to motor mounts. I had full mounts but i have driven with just the inserts. They are only $20 but they do make all the difference.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
shallowpoint said:
You have to launch low, i was launching at about 1500-1700 rpm and then feathered 1st with about 70-80% open throttle untill you shift out of first, once second gear caught it was smash and go.

If you are haveing problems with wheel hop or traction look in to motor mounts. I had full mounts but i have driven with just the inserts. They are only $20 but they do make all the difference.
motormounts dont do shit for wheel hop... its all suspention

·
Registered
499 Posts
It's all in your set-up. I run 11-12psi in 1st, jumping to 15psi on the shift and then 20psi falling to 16psi when I hit the go button. Or I can just run 12psi, 15psi or 20psi, It's all in the switch positions.

Stage 0 with an AGP and Greddy EBC

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
well it all depends on your launch method. cause i have little to no problems with wheel hop. the prothane inserts help a LOT! but you still get the wheel hop at high rpms. i launch around 2000 to 2500 rpms then feather and slam it, then hit second with little wheels spin, and go balls to the wall. i have the ACR so i feel like it helps a LOT for traction (wider tires) and tightend the suspention, so personally i have little issues with this area

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I need to explain. I have plenty of power via mods, plenty. It is just that compared with alot of other cars I drive I jsut feel like my first gear is retarded. I am not talking about launching I am talking about in the day to day traffic and what not.

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
What I hate about first gear is only when i'm in heavy bumper to bumper traffic. When we start inching forward and I try my best to make the moveout as smooth as possible, yet the car will find itself in a rocking back and forth crap but I think that is mainly due to the TB or some kind of fuel related issue. Regardless, it sucks to be in first in bumper to bumper traffic haha

·
Registered
263 Posts
haknslash said:
What I hate about first gear is only when i'm in heavy bumper to bumper traffic. When we start inching forward and I try my best to make the moveout as smooth as possible, yet the car will find itself in a rocking back and forth crap but I think that is mainly due to the TB or some kind of fuel related issue. Regardless, it sucks to be in first in bumper to bumper traffic haha
word if your rolling even a little bit going into first smoothly is very tough to do...even when you rev-match perfectly...normally anything over 5mph i let second gear struggle a little...better than looking like a noob buking back and forth...lol

·
Registered
683 Posts
hercfe said:
first gear is awesome. the stock tire size sucks! get some wider meat down there, world of difference
i have goodyear gs d3 235s on my car and they still spin, and my car is stock till tomorrow. stage 3 is going on, and then i can kiss traction GOOD-BYE!!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
TNT said:
It's all in your set-up. I run 11-12psi in 1st, jumping to 15psi on the shift and then 20psi falling to 16psi when I hit the go button. Or I can just run 12psi, 15psi or 20psi, It's all in the switch positions.

Stage 0 with an AGP and Greddy EBC
Are you boosting 20 spike without a MAP Clamp? If so you are probably losing power due to retarded timing and excess fuel. The most you can boost on Stage 0 or 1 is 18.5 lbs. Anything at all over that will drastically change timing and dump the fuel. If you do have a MAP clamp then please disregard this post. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Bflaker said:
Are you boosting 20 spike without a MAP Clamp? If so you are probably losing power due to retarded timing and excess fuel. The most you can boost on Stage 0 or 1 is 18.5 lbs. Anything at all over that will drastically change timing and dump the fuel. If you do have a MAP clamp then please disregard this post. :thumbsup:
MAP and TIP clamped

Also using a 3.9v zenior diode with a hobbs switch set at 5psi feed to the TPS output for no PTB issues

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
yah bumper to bumper is a pain in the ass! you have to granny shift to second to keep from bouncing back and forth. gotta love torque!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts