Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 neon srt4 and when the car is idling the ac and and light are really low and then it picks up more power. Same thing when I’m driving the car jerks a lot like it wants to stall out and my dash lights and headlights dim and then get brighter. The car has a brand new battery and brand new alternator. My battery light comes on as well. If I can get some help thanks!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I have an 04 neon srt4 and when the car is idling the ac and and light are really low and then it picks up more power. Same thing when I’m driving the car jerks a lot like it wants to stall out and my dash lights and headlights dim and then get brighter. The car has a brand new battery and brand new alternator. My battery light comes on as well. If I can get some help thanks!
Well, the alternator charging indicator is the indication that the computer doesnt see rhw correct rise in voltage from the current supplied to the alternator.

Check the resistance between the alt stud and the battery terminal. it shouldn't be much more than 0.1 of an ohm.

Another possibility is that the grounding straps between the engine, battery and frame are missing or have gone bad.

You could take the alternator out and have it tested at orlieys or advanced.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the alternator charging indicator is the indication that the computer doesnt see rhw correct rise in voltage from the current supplied to the alternator.

Check the resistance between the alt stud and the battery terminal. it shouldn't be much more than 0.1 of an ohm.

Another possibility is that the grounding straps between the engine, battery and frame are missing or have gone bad.

so I did get a new battery and everything and still the same issue but I just remembered that the car had a new pcm put in it(2004 stock) and it’s been doing that since. The pcm is not vin matched or anything can that be the isssue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts