Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...one of my good friends got his AFC I controler italled by AMS this past week and wants to race me. He's got the AEM short ram intake, Forge Air Diverter/BOV, and Apexi AFC I controller....my car has just the mods in my sig...but...if I race him right now who would win...I dont know much abotu the EVO VIII powerplant and how much faster mods make it....

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
No aftermarket wg or bc? Even a new fmic. <-- proven gains. I wouldnt try without these. But then you may have some driving skills..

·
Registered
740 Posts
Have you ever raced an AWD car, dude? - if you are racing from a dead stop and he is a good driver, he will put about 3-4 cars on you out the hole. Then you would have to play catchup....He is a 13 sec car - So, are you. But,he has waay more traction :(

From a roll and go, you may fair better, but the Evo has a mean little 16G which will hold boost well at higher rpms unlike ours...

You definietly need an upgraded WG, Boost controller of some sort to run with him.

Sorry for the bad news!

·
Banned
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blacksheep said:
Have you ever raced an AWD car, dude? - if you are racing from a dead stop and he is a good driver, he will put about 3-4 cars on you out the hole. Then you would have to play catchup....He is a 13 sec car - So, are you. But,he has waay more traction :(

From a roll and go, you may fair better, but the Evo has a mean little 16G which will hold boost well at higher rpms unlike ours...

You definietly need an upgraded WG, Boost controller of some sort to run with him.

Sorry for the bad news!
I owned a 95 eclipse GSX w/a GT35R dual ball bearing turbo, AEM EMS, and 660whp...i tink I know what AWD is about...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
i have beaten a stock evo on a good road from a dig, then 1 hour later lost twice on a gravel ridden pos street, it all comes down to traction out of the hole and the driver.

·
Registered
626 Posts
also go and check to on some evo forums to see how much hp the afc adds to an evo. i know evo's come real rich from the factory and if he's tuned with the AFC, it could mean trouble.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Just tell him you wanna race from a roll, then you'll kill him. I've killed an Evo on the freeway, pretty easily I might add. From a dig you'll get your butt kicked unless you keep on racing well past 100.

·
Registered
11 Posts
blacksheep said:

Sorry for the bad news!
:crying: I'm withyou on that I work for a auto group that has a dodge mits and just aquired a subaru fanchise. point I have a 04 srt-4 and have been fortunate enough to demo for a respectable time all three. on the flip side, both evo and sti wrx are roughly 10k price difference. comparabliy somebody on list your mods has 14,666 invested and 50 mods in that cash, plans to drop 5k more. currently I believe before the 5k add he runs 12.1 so add that to the price of an evo or wrx sti and you're considerably faster for roughly the same investment. good news :stab:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Race him from a roll so that way you are racing power for power....no AWD advantage. Then have fun. Here are stock perfomance numbers from a roll.

Performance Statistics: 30-120 mph

1995 Lamborghini Diablo SE 5.7 9.72 s
2004 Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG 13.44 s
2002 Porsche 911 Targa 15.85 s
2001 BMW M3 15.99 s
1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 16.68 s
2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 16.72 s
2004 Pontiac GTO 5.7 16.72 s
1989 Pontiac Trans Am Turbo 17.10 s
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan AccessECU2 17" 17.31 s
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 18.06 s
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti (USA) 18.11 s
2003 Porsche Boxster S 19.04 s
1993 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 19.32 s
2003 Nissan 350Z Track 19.46 s
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (USA) 19.89 s

Performance Statistics: 30-50 mph, 2nd gear

1995 Lamborghini Diablo SE 5.7 1.21 s
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti (USA) 1.67 s
1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 1.67 s
2002 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII (Jap) 1.67 s
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 1.78 s
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan AccessECU2 17" 1.79 s
2001 BMW M3 1.79 s
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (USA) 1.85 s

·
Registered
306 Posts
AWD launch owns.

But it all depends on the drivers. That is the nature of the sport. You can race an identical car to yours with the same mods and it always will come down to the best driver.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Boostd20psi said:
I owned a 95 eclipse GSX w/a GT35R dual ball bearing turbo, AEM EMS, and 660whp...i tink I know what AWD is about...
Then why this basic question ??? Then you should be pretty damn knowledgable about what the 4G63 is capable of in stock or modified form , right?

You are in Carol Stream, IL, right? Where did you dyno it/ tune your 660whp GSX - AMS? Martin Musial (he owns AMS) and I are good friends and go back a long time. I know the whole AMS crew VERY well. They even have one of my galant VR4's that I sold to Kris who no longer works there. I have road-tripped to the DSM shootout with them.

Please post a dyno chart - I am very eager to hear more about your 660hp gsx and confirm its existence!

·
Banned
3,210 Posts
holy street, im gonna break out my wheelchair in that case;

2001 Alpine White Wheelchair

110/20/14 Front
Nitto 135/30/16 Drag Radials Rear
NX 10 shot
Pacesetter electrical header
MSD ignition wire
Mitsu 9b turbo
3B rotary with forged pistons

Lets get it on :grimrippe

·
Registered
354 Posts
raced one... first gear roll...raced twice... beat him twice... my only mod was a wg modd holdin 14psi to redline... otherwise bone stizzock... def would of had me from a dead stop... his mods were short ram intake and 3in turbo back

Edit 03 evo vs 04 srt 4 i dont think anything changed on the evo form 03 - 04

1 - 20 of 29 Posts