Dodge SRT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im driving down the road in my 05 SRT and i notice this sans shirt, bucked toothed, redneck looking over at me in his 01 or 02 F150 (obvious work truck) .... so i glance at him ... the light turns green and he punches it ... lites up his peg leg back right tire .... and i roll in to first and then lay into it in 2nd .... catch him and let off ..... come to the next light and he ask whats the top speed my car can do .... I reply that ive done 153mph and he chuckles and rolls his eyes ..... and follows that with "Not bad, you ALMOST kept up with my V8" and "If I didnt want to waste my gas i'd a really wasted you" .... Now me being a lover of all fast cars will not speak badly of any strong motor combination .... but Ill be damned if you are going to compare my 230hp and 2989Lbs to his possibly 220hp and 4500+Lbs. .... needless to say the current light turns green ... he lays into it again and I launch and take it to about 80mph ... slow down ... and wait at the next light ... he eventually shows and wont look over ..... 30 seconds go by and i hear "So what did you do to make it that fast?" .... I reply its stock ..... he obviously doesn't believe me and asks again ... i reply all stock and that its a 2.4L Turbo .......... "TURBO .... turbo ..... thats cheating!" :crying: .... i laugh :lol: and say "what?" ..... light turns green and he wastes some more tire ... never to be seen again.

So this is news to me but i guess ...... Turbo = Cheating

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Then go N/A and still waste him. :lol:

sidenote: anybody every try to run our car N/A? I know it runs, but how well? I have no clue.

·
Registered
76 Posts
all_bran said:
Then go N/A and still waste him. :lol:

sidenote: anybody every try to run our car N/A? I know it runs, but how well? I have no clue.
Runs rather well, but about as fast as a stock Neon R/T. My clamps were loose and the coldside pipe blew while under boost a while back. The difference was dramatic.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That's funny

I made the mistake of racing a Buick Grand National when I had my stupid Celica with nitrous. The Buick was in horrible shape with all the black paint stripped off and 15 different primers on it. These two dudes in the car (complete with mullets) looked over at me and said, "What'd you do to that thing?" I said, "Oh, just nitrous." They took off at the light and wasted me. When I got to the next light, the guy in the passenger seat says, "I think you need more nitrous."

That Buick looked like crap, but it sure was fast. Wish I'd had my SRT-4.

·
Registered
212 Posts
yea, it doesn't take much at all to make the GN's fast...hell, they were running 13's stock back when they came out in the 80's. And about the stripped paint and 15 different primer colors....i got beat by a dodge shadow that looked the same way. Talked to him afterwards and found out it had a T3/T4 in it :wah?!: So just cause a car looks like crap...doesn't mean it's slow :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yup i got a friend that has a redline that says his car has real power because it costs him power for the supercharger to make power and the turbo doesnt cost any power to make power lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
NightShade said:
yup i got a friend that has a redline that says his car has real power because it costs him power for the supercharger to make power and the turbo doesnt cost any power to make power lol
you should tell him if he had a car WITH some power, his supercharger could make some power... then it wouldn't be slow

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I took a F150 harley davidson at LACR... twice but the fucker was pretty quick

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Nice story, I've found that truck guys seem to have no clue.

I "took" a f150 not too long ago... Older guy, with young son with him... In city 40mph zone he's riding my ass, he goes for a ricer fly by on my left I leave it in fourth - at 40mph with him wot next to me and he couldn't pass me LOL Thank you S2 ptb. Needless to say, he slowed down and got back behind me right before we both made a right turn.

·
Registered
24 Posts
a707 said:
Nice story, I've found that truck guys seem to have no clue.

I "took" a f150 not too long ago... Older guy, with young son with him... In city 40mph zone he's riding my ass, he goes for a ricer fly by on my left I leave it in fourth - at 40mph with him wot next to me and he couldn't pass me LOL Thank you S2 ptb. Needless to say, he slowed down and got back behind me right before we both made a left turn.
i probably would have pit maneuvered you off the side of the road. if he was trying to pass you, he obviously needed to get somewhere a little faster than you did. inconsiderate much?

E

·
0 Posts
i get the rednecks at work calling me a ricer..all of them are convinced their trucks will destroy the srt-4....i get the redneck flyby's all the time..typical hicks..usually chevy trucks, number 3 sticker in the back window, some kind of camoflage "realtree" accessory on it..dude with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and an old ratty budwiser hat with a girl in the truck that looks like she had been beaten with an ugly stick...funny they pick the fight and i hand them there ass.....then its not so funny to them

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
slow4neon said:
i probably would have pit maneuvered you off the side of the road. if he was trying to pass you, he obviously needed to get somewhere a little faster than you did. inconsiderate much?
:imwithstu

I hope you do pit maneuver someone. Jailtime's a bitch.

·
Registered
721 Posts
slow4neon said:
I have to agree if he was trying to pass him he most likely had somewhere to be. Speeding up and jepordising someones life(as well ad 2 kids?) is just shitty.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.