Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rolling from about 50 MPH I pulled up next to a silver Mustang GT with two guys inside (I also had a passenger). I wasn't sure if he wanted to race or not so I just acted like I was passing him. Well once I got next to him he downshifted and took off. I was a little slow on the downshift since my baby is still new and I didn't wanna be too hard on the tranny. By the time I downshifted and took off his rear bumper was at my front bumper. From 50 to 90 he gained about a one or two feet on me.

Once I get the car broken in real well I'll be able to put up a better fight, I only had 550 miles on it at this point. It may or may not be worth mentioning that I had the A/C on as well...I don't know if it makes a big a difference as it did in my 98 Neon.

Hopefully I'll get a rematch from a standstill and see where I stand then.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
im sure if he would have let you take off when he did he would have been shocked :shock: :twisted:

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I had a guy in a Mustang do that to me, I didnt even notice that he was next to me at the light (it was late, I was tired, loud music, ect.) The light turned green, I left like normal, and Vroom!! This blue mustang gets on it. I was like, what the hell? Where did he come from? Jumped on first, but on the other side of the intersection there was a steel plate from road construction on my side. Lost some time over that, he was already 3 carlengths up on me. By the time I started to reel him in, the speeds were getting a bit excesive, so I shut down. Gave the kid a thumbs up anyway, he looked so excited I think he may have wet himself. :lol:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
el_jefe said:
I had a guy in a Mustang do that to me, I didnt even notice that he was next to me at the light (it was late, I was tired, loud music, ect.) The light turned green, I left like normal, and Vroom!! This blue mustang gets on it. I was like, what the hell? Where did he come from? Jumped on first, but on the other side of the intersection there was a steel plate from road construction on my side. Lost some time over that, he was already 3 carlengths up on me. By the time I started to reel him in, the speeds were getting a bit excesive, so I shut down. Gave the kid a thumbs up anyway, he looked so excited I think he may have wet himself. :lol:
i think he thought he won bahahahaha

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well from what I could tell the Mustang seemed to be faster than me. He got a head start and all that, but I didn't reel him in at all....

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
acr2nv said:
el_jefe said:
i think he thought he won bahahahaha
He did win. 99+ Mustang GT's are a driver's race, it could really go either way but they're no slouch.

-faast

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Slo did you read the story....the SRT driver wasnt trying that hard

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've had 2 run ins with GT's First one was in 4th gear we both we dead even till i got to 5k he shifter or let off. Second one was today after a 350z didn't want to play at a light i was engine breaking in 3rd from 50 or so, then we got the light. The left turn lights got green i see him moving up so i'm like ok. Take off and he is just going slow. So later that day i see a mustang with hood and everything. They didn't want to go, then saw a newer mustang GT and he did so we took off at like 30 and i was pulling on him slowly got to about 60-70 and we let off. He was in a convertable with his wife and 2 kids so that didn't help.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
ive run two 2002 gt's also

the first was off the light twice .. both times i got him by a car length to 70mph ..

the second was a drop top so it is a liol slower then a reg stang..
i killed him off the light.. although i must say i dont think he tried his hardest , because he looked like he thought it was a "neon"..
and i took him by a car and a half ..
he tried to pass me further down the road and i droppe into second , and put about 2 cars all the way to 90mph.. and he followed me to a parking lot and asked what it had for an engine , then he bitched that he lost to a neon :lol:

·
Registered
817 Posts
PsychoMedic said:
Rolling from about 50 MPH I pulled up next to a silver Mustang GT with two guys inside (I also had a passenger). I wasn't sure if he wanted to race or not so I just acted like I was passing him. Well once I got next to him he downshifted and took off. I was a little slow on the downshift since my baby is still new and I didn't wanna be too hard on the tranny. By the time I downshifted and took off his rear bumper was at my front bumper. From 50 to 90 he gained about a one or two feet on me.

Once I get the car broken in real well I'll be able to put up a better fight, I only had 550 miles on it at this point. It may or may not be worth mentioning that I had the A/C on as well...I don't know if it makes a big a difference as it did in my 98 Neon.

Hopefully I'll get a rematch from a standstill and see where I stand then.
Both of your cars are so evenly matched, it will come down to driver skill. Don't expect to reel him in if you are behind and don't expect him to reel you in either.

-M

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
hemidakota said:
Just don't be embarrassed by local Cobras. :lol:
true .. but it's just a " neon" :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
and now, thrid fastest to the ram.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
At the track the GT's Were not running as fast as MAttRaff and I, infact they were alittle pissed that they had some mods and we didn't and they were doing all they could to keep up :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
daytonagts
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing