Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
hemidakota said:
Have you noticed lately when driving your SRT-4 other Neons want to race you?

Though, I would avoid it much as possible unless I have too.

I had three already trying to provoke me to racing them.

Anyone have a clue why since they pretty much know the car stats?

To quell their feelings of inadequacy for not purchasing a SRT-4? :p

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
they want to see the car in action.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Around hear alot of the neons are owned by ricers that just happened to get a neon so thats what they riced up. Most could care less about being a fellow neonite, so they look at you like just another race.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I raced a ACR 02 neon while driving home from FL. I passed him and didn't even notice it, but he rolled up next to me. I knew he just wanted to see what it could do, so I gave it to him in all it's glory. We pulled into a gas station, and I gave him a personal ride. They just want to know what their big brothers can do :)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
unfortuanetly i have not been able to race a fellow neon yet, i want to so bad! although i raced my neon against my srt4 no contest :D :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
funny because i was in my PT turbo and a modified R/T kept trying to get me to run him... eventually i gave in and just watched his jaw drop. THAT was priceless. :lol:
Nice guy, his R/T would DEFINATLY school the PT on a road course or auto-x though. Then again a PT isn't about that..so I'll stick with a fast straight line Cruiser that'll looks damn good doing it. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Oh you better believe if I pull up against and SRT Im gonna provoke them to kill me any which way possible hehe.. It makes me feel better to get beat by a neon that I know can kill alot on the street hehe.. Felt bad the other night. Was on the way home and pulled along side a modded 1st gen R/T Coupe and wanted him to play but he didnt wanna.. Ended up I was following him into my Neighborhood when I guess maybe he was too tired and not paying attention and ran into the backend of a Newer Caddy.. Crunched that poor little neon..

·
Registered
864 Posts
Gary C said:
funny because i was in my PT turbo and a modified R/T kept trying to get me to run him... eventually i gave in and just watched his jaw drop. THAT was priceless. :lol:
Nice guy, his R/T would DEFINATLY school the PT on a road course or auto-x though. Then again a PT isn't about that..so I'll stick with a fast straight line Cruiser that'll looks damn good doing it. :twisted:
How much hp do R/Ts have? Don't PT turbos only do 0-60 in low 7s? I thought a modded R/T would be able to keep up. Don't get me wrong, I believe you I'm just curious.

JC

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Hell, my current daily driver is Hyundai hatch, and I would try provoking a SRT-4 just so I could see one go full bore in real life :)

Unfortunately I haven't seen any in Gainesville :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
mpbiv
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing