Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now that we know it doesnt go to the intake....i was told that its best to T it into my turbo vacuum line as long as there is not a boost controller plumbed into that vacuum source as well?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Advice

So it would be ok to just put a nipple on the pipe and run a rubber vacuum line from there to the TIP? Why can it not see vacuum? And why do some people leave it open to the atmosphere? Since im running a stage 2 does this change anything?

·
Fresh Meat Moderator
16,395 Posts
You cant run a line directly to the tip sensor. You need the tip solenoid.

It cant see vacuum because its only made to see boost. Its throttle inlet pressure. There is only pressure in the charge pipe, no vacuum. If its hooked up to vacuum the car will run horrible.

Some people leave it open to atmosphere because they are running an aftermarket wastegate and dont want any overboost codes. Since you are stage 2, youll never get that code so youll want it hooked up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well i am running n agp 50 trim. 63 wheel, with a turbonetics 38mm external wastegate, and a log manifold....

·
Fresh Meat Moderator
16,395 Posts
If you are running PCM controlled boost, you would want it hooked up.

If not, then dont worry about it. You should be fine without it. If you get an idle hunting issues then youll want it hooked back up. The TIP does help with idle correction.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did away with all the boost selenoids as shown on here in a how-to....no evap canister either.

·
Fresh Meat Moderator
16,395 Posts
That was stupid to do.

Either get the solenoids back in their or just have the tip sensor plugged in but just to atmosphere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Advice

Got em!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I bought my 2005 off someone that swapped out the motor from a diff car that supposedly had less miles .. I'm not sure if the year of the engine makes a difference or not but I'm throwing it out there that idk of the swap was from another 2005 or not..with that being said .. when I start the car with the tip sensor not plugged in the car will seem to run fine ..I can rev it up and the turbo sounds good and engine sound great... When I turn it off and plug the tip sensor in and try to rev it the car doesn't rev high at all and kind of has a gargle sound or something and the turbo doesn't seem to be working right or something .. like it backfiring and won't rev out .. im wondering if the car had a tune before the swap maybe it had a few things done to it and the tune isn't meant for what the car is now ? The car is pretty stock now besides the big fmic, CAI, and BOV. I have bought a new tip sensor and that didn't seem to help anything.. please help... Also being that the wastegate on these cars changes depending on the year I was wondering if that had something to do with it ? I have the original engine still with the turbo setup still on it and the two stock waste gate look different to me .. not sure if that would matter .

21 - 31 of 31 Posts