Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RacingBrake wheels studs are made of alloy steel, heat treated, and certified to SAE 10.9 class.

Length: 43mm
Proof Load: 830 MPa (120,000 psi)
Tensile Strength: 1,040 MPa (151,000 psi)

These studs are offered as an upgrade to the stock wheel studs for racing purposes.

For ordering please visit our website:
http://www.racingbrake.com/product_p/srt-43.htm

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Wow a direct replacement stud finally. Nice job and the price is way cheaper than the ARP's. Do you want to sponsor me?:lol: I would sugest being a vendor at the Nationals as there will be many broken studs. Contact me for more info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mopar Thunder God said:
Are these the same length as stock? Like would I need long shank racing style lug nuts?
Yes we have two sizes.

Stock size (43mm)
Longer size (55mm)

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Damnit, and I just ordered regular stock replacements from another source.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
8,916 Posts
Mine are on the floor in a box. I would prefer to know before I start tearing the car apart.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
1LAPSRT said:
How difficult are these to install? Do the hubs need to be removed from the car?
No you do not need to remove the hub. Wheel, caliper, caliper bracket and disk do need removing though. You will then see a notch in the hub just for removing the wheel studs.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
8,916 Posts
Thanks....Thought I had heard that from someone about the fronts, but was unsure about the rear hub.
Do you know what is the best way to "press" the new ones in? Should I just tighten them in before I install the wheel?

·
Super Moderator
3,481 Posts
Ron H said:
We just put the RacingBrake wheel studs on my 04. We found that the studs would not fit in the holes on the stock hubs. We called RB and they suggested we enlarge the holes slightly. We took their advice, and the studs finally fit, although we did have to notch the heads of the studs to get the fronts to fit. Other that the installation hassles, they look like a good product. My car was purchased for HPDE use, and a stud replacement -- based on what I've read here -- sounded like a wise precaution.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\
njshift said:
Is there any chance that RB will address this issue?
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3151128&postcount=4

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The replacement wheel studs are made the same dimension to OE (except with high tensile strength). Although most customers had no problem in installing them. It's not uncommon to clean (or enlarge) the stud hole in order to seat the new "knurl" stud properly.

There is no issue to address. The fitment and performance is guaranteed or your money back.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts