Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im semi familiar with srt4’s and stuff but I was wondering what exactly does a almost stock 2005 srt4 with fuel injector clinic injectors need? it would run really rich right? Would it idle good? The seller said that he recommended to get a tune due to the larger injectors

Because I know that those are some huge injectors for a stock turbo srt4; it’s mods include
- Injen cold air intake
-Fuel injector clinic injectors (not too sure on the size but they’re obviously big injectors)
- HKS bov
-Turbosmart manual boost controller
-AEM afr gauge
I plan on buying this srt4 and I would really appreciate any help that I receive on this topic. Thank you

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
35 Posts
I would not recommend driving it at all. That being said... Yes it more then likely would idle good even probably rev alright. To an untrained ear. W.o.t under load it would probably just die. But your taking a VERY BIG RISK of washing down the cylinder walls with excessive fuel!!! Do not do it!!! And yes it would be very rich. It would need a tune set up for the car to run and manage the injectors properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would not recommend driving it at all. That being said... Yes it more then likely would idle good even probably rev alright. To an untrained ear. W.o.t under load it would probably just die. But your taking a VERY BIG RISK of washing down the cylinder walls with excessive fuel!!! Do not do it!!! And yes it would be very rich. It would need a tune set up for the car to run and manage the injectors properly.

Thank you for your input on this I appreciate it. I’m still relatively new to this as I’m only 17, I really want an srt4 they really really grew on me and this one it’s pretty low miled for its age It has around 106k.
What about if I just swap out the injectors for some mopar stage 1 injectors? That should solve the problem right? That is if it wasn’t abused and stuff like that previously right?

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
35 Posts
If the original tune is on the car then factory stock 05 stage 1 injectors will work. Or you could buy a Diablo intune or predator and contact a tuner for a email tune. And you could use what is there on the car. Plus probably be able to run e 85 fuel as well depending on the injector size.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
very good advice from Whiteout46. (I see you've been around a while but haven't contributed much, so thank you for helping this guy out.)

If you were to buy this car you have options. And just to clarify i will list them here for you for future reference.

1. Run it as is (highly recommend NOT doing that.)
  2. bring along a set of stock (stage 1) injectors and swap them out. (This is likely the safest bet, IF and ONLY if the car doesn't have any sort of custom tune on it.)
  3. Bring along a tuner that you have previously purchased with a custom tune you can throw on the car to get it going. (While this sounds like a good option, it's difficult because you don't know the specs on the injectors that are in the motor.)
The fact that the car has the larger injectors in it, and doesn't have a tune for them is a big red flag to me. I would be asking the seller "Why?" they're on the car to begin with. I would be willing to bet the car either previously had a tune and they sold the tuner, or it had a bigger turbo setup (and a tune) and they parted it out. If you can get pictures of the car and preferably the engine bay, we may be able to spot some tell tale signs of what once was there.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
That fuel line going to the fuel rail isnt stock. I assume it has a return style fuel system (like an AGP setup hiding under the strut bar.) Which could also be an indication that a larger turbo was on there at some point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohh alright thank you for the insight, I’m still relatively new to all this I was never really into mopar up until recently maybe like last year. I would like to know if you would recommend or consider buying this car. Should I buy this srt4?

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Ohh alright thank you for the insight, I’m still relatively new to all this I was never really into mopar up until recently maybe like last year. I would like to know if you would recommend or consider buying this car. Should I buy this srt4?
it all depends on how the rest of the car looks and how much they are asking for it. I'm very comfortable working on my own cars, so minor issues dont scare me. Other people run from it... every one is different and i cant tell you what you should do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The body is very well maintained no clear coat peeling or none of that 106k original miles ; silver; carbon fiber hood; stock wheels seem to be plasti dipped black. Unfortunately it has no viper styled seats. The guy wants 4.5 I talked him down to 4 flat just because at this point right now I don’t really know much about the car at all like I stated previously he has only replied twice and both times he said “I’m not available until Tuesday” which kind of triggered me a little since I obviously need to know more about the car I’m not just gonna give him the money pretty much blind without knowing anything.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
rule of thumb when buying cars... if the transaction seems sketchy or something doesn't seem right with the seller.... walk away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts