Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
ya...that kinda sucks they didnt add the metal pedals. I guess they had a last minute change of mind. Just like how they added those two nostrils in the front of the car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My guess, SAFETY. The peddles where too slippery. roll

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
www.sounddomain.com

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
If it didn't make the car go faster, turn better, or stop quicker, PVO didn't waste the money on it. As mentioned, they can be added for cheap.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
hemidakota said:
Did you glue it on after removing the older one?
I got them at a local place here in DE. The MOMO's are bolt on, not strap on. Just remove the rubber from the clutch and brake pedals and expose the bare metal. Place the new pedals on top of the metal, line in up where you want them and drill holes and bolt on. The gas pedal is actually all plastic and straight. The MOMO pedal has an arc to it, so I cut some off the top and bottom and then bolted the pedal on. I did this all on my first gen and the pedals are identical in the SRT. I haven't had the time to actually install my new pedals on the SRT yet!! (too busy with TT and EBC!!)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I wonder if aftermarkets pedals will help with heel-toe, the gas seems to mushy to do it. Half the time I gotta freaky roll my foot and I rev it to much.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Vanilla_Coke said:
I wonder if aftermarkets pedals will help with heel-toe, the gas seems to mushy to do it. Half the time I gotta freaky roll my foot and I rev it to much.
IMO, these same pedals I've been talking about helped me out in my first gen. The 2 things that improved for me was having that arc in the gas pedal and the gas pedal flares out at the bottom making it real easy to hold the gas and brake at the same time for the launch.

Here is the set I bought: (Aluminium ones)

http://www.ppsonline.net/momopedals.htm#cf

DO NOT GET THE CARBON FIBER ONES, THEY ARE REAL SLIPPERY WHEN WET. (The Aluminiums ones are challenging enuff!!)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
drizze99 said:
Vanilla_Coke said:
IMO, these same pedals I've been talking about helped me out in my first gen. The 2 things that improved for me was having that arc in the gas pedal and the gas pedal flares out at the bottom making it real easy to hold the gas and brake at the same time for the launch.

Here is the set I bought: (Aluminium ones)

http://www.ppsonline.net/momopedals.htm#cf

DO NOT GET THE CARBON FIBER ONES, THEY ARE REAL SLIPPERY WHEN WET. (The Aluminiums ones are challenging enuff!!)
Sweet, I was thinking some Sparco's they have a longer gas pedal, yet if these work, I'm all over it :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
Vanilla_Coke
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing