1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum but i'm VERY interested in getting an SRT-4

I live in PHX.

I was wondering a few things
1. Is there any body kits for the car, and/or will normal neon body kits work for it?

2. How easy will it be to get more HP out of the engine? ( right now i have an inifiti J30t and its nearly impossible, except for ecu chip)

3. Should i wait for the 2004 models? ( wont be able to buy it for atleast 2 months)

Thats all i can think of right now, thanks for answering!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, what exactly does an LSD do? ( i am new to this stuff)

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Hypnoz said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum but i'm VERY interested in getting an SRT-4

I live in PHX.

I was wondering a few things
1. Is there any body kits for the car, and/or will normal neon body kits work for it?

2. How easy will it be to get more HP out of the engine? ( right now i have an inifiti J30t and its nearly impossible, except for ecu chip)

3. Should i wait for the 2004 models? ( wont be able to buy it for atleast 2 months)

Thats all i can think of right now, thanks for answering!
1. It is coming soon according to the DCX rep, which post here regularly.
Check back in the late summer time frame or fall.

2. It was designed for upgrades. The last MOPA upgrade you will be able to purchase from a Mopar Performance dealership for the car will produce a 300HP/300lbs TQ for the 2820lb car. Then there are many other companies currently working beta equipment also.

3. Yes...the LSD component will be on the car if you are not mechanically inclined.

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
20,953 Posts
The stock body kit doesn't look good enough? If you plan on moding the car for drag racing the lsd is necessary. Equal power to both drive wheels. Quicker 60 fts and virtually no torque steer. 2 monthe time frame I would wait until the 04 comes out. By then all kinds of goodies will be available for these things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts