Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys!

At the moment I'm driving an '03 RSX-S but I'm considering on maybe trading it for another car. First on my list is the SRT-4 (for obvious reasons). I'm just wondering what the pros and cons are with this car. the SRT-4 puts out app. 230 hp, right? how much would it cost me to bump that rating up to 300+hp? (cuz i know it'd cost me an arm and a leg to get my Type-S to have 300+hp).

Also, most stereotypes about american cars are its poor build quality so if you could just list down any minor/major problems you've encountered with the SRT-4.

Thanks!

nj2Type-S

·
Registered
442 Posts
i dont know exactly how much it would cost, but im sure its been covered. and yes most everyone sees at least 230 hp. use that search button, its your friend :)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
SRT-4s with Stage 2 with toys and Mopar exhaust are putting about 285 to the wheels with race gas mode enabled.

·
Banned
2,085 Posts
keep in mind your rsx-s has 200 crank hp, srt's 230 is at the wheels, so thats about 270 at the crank. its fast as all hell, sounds glorious, is the funnest thing i've ever driven, and looks hot inside and out.

i'm sure the build quality will be less than your rsx, but i haven't regretted my car once yet.

go test drive it and you will fall in love like i did.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
DO IT!!!!!!
I traded my 2003 RSX Type-S with AEM V2 intake for a 2004 SRT-4 and man holy shit, the only thing you will miss about the Type-S is the dashboard. Other than that the SRT-4 is leaps and bounds over the RSX. No griny 2nd/3rd gear. Lots of torque. Actual speed. Doesnt feel like its made out of tin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow.....that's a lot of mods for so lil amount of money Super_Steve. i just got home from a dodge dealership but they said that they don't have anymore SRT's that i can test drive =\ i also just talked to some guy w/ an '04 SRT and he said that this yr is the last yr of production?

Also, En-Glaived, how different is the shifting in the srt compared to the rsx? been hearing about sloppy shifts. again, i tried to find a dealership w/ an SRT so i can take it for a spin but they're all out so im left to asking the people in this forum =).

Thanx for the responses, guys...much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
get the Perrin or Mopar STS and its a blast to shift with. The stock shifter isn't horrible, but its MUCH MUCh nicer with one of the STS (short throw shifters).

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
nj2Type-S said:
wow.....that's a lot of mods for so lil amount of money Super_Steve. i just got home from a dodge dealership but they said that they don't have anymore SRT's that i can test drive =\ i also just talked to some guy w/ an '04 SRT and he said that this yr is the last yr of production?

Also, En-Glaived, how different is the shifting in the srt compared to the rsx? been hearing about sloppy shifts. again, i tried to find a dealership w/ an SRT so i can take it for a spin but they're all out so im left to asking the people in this forum =).

Thanx for the responses, guys...much appreciated.
Compared to the RSX? Its not sloppy. I just ordered the Mopar Short shifter with booger bushings, its supposed to be really solid after that.

I think the RSX is sloppy compared to the SRT-4.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
My personal opinion:

- The antenna is WAY too high
- In my opinion, the interior 'looks' cheap
- The stock shifter 'feels' like it is way down on the floor
- The side thingy off of the seat gets in my way of shifting

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
1. Antenna? Got one.
2. Interior? Oh yeah, thats the stuff going as fast as I am:)
3. So does the Mopar one, it changes gears so I can go faster:)
4. The bolster? Are you using your right hand?

Don't take any of this personal, just playing:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts